PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Registration Visit

guest2
29-10-2010, 12:17 PM
I am waiting for my crb to come back it is at stage four of the process so shouldn't be to long now, then Ofsted will be out to do pre-reg visit!! Have worked in nurseries for over seventeen years but this is so different it's scary! Was assigned a buddy childminder then she resigned due to personal reasons si I was allocated to another buddy and now she has asked to have fewer childminders to buddy as she was really busy and am now waiting to be allocated another buddy!! Feel really sick and nervous can anyone give me any good advice to put my mind at rest!!

:huh:

kirstya
29-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Hi there!

Sorry I cannot offer much advise as I am also pre-reg and not as far on as you. But good luck with it all! I am sure you'll be great! xxx:thumbsup:

sarah707
29-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Pre reg is fine! Write a list of questions... think about things you want to do (like a wish list) before registration and relax!

You now have a few thousand buddies... ask away! :D

keeks
29-10-2010, 05:11 PM
My pre reg was very relaxed. He had a brief look around to see if there were any major safety issues. He was happy with just being shown which stair gate I was ordering and I said I would fit it when it arrived. He said it was good, but not a requirement for pre reg that I had fitted a couple of cupboard locks, put a lock on my cupboard where I keep tools etc.

I had filled out the preparing for pre reg visit booklet, but he never gave me a chance to show it! I felt it helped though as I had thought beforehand about all these questions so knew what I wanted to say about it. He asked about safeguarding children and about the EYFS and the development matters. He was happy that I had risk assessed my house and written the statutory policies and procedures, but he didn't want to see them.

I got to ask him lots of questions too which was really good, I had a list ready so could just fire away. He was very helpful and interested in my thoughts and ideas, it made me feel silly for being a bit nervous before he arrived.

Good luck, you will be absolutely fine, you've got plenty of experience!!!

xxx