PDA

View Full Version : Took the pxxs!!!!!

claire'scherubs
29-10-2010, 09:21 AM
:censored: :censored:

Parent has dropped children this morning after various texts about late payments and contractual obligation blah blah, and promised the payment this morning along with the outstanding.

Mum dropped, no money, assuring me Dad was bringing ALL of it tonight.."I gave B your money to bring round tonight" Oh why oh why didn't the penny drop then!!!!! Why give the money to the hubby when you are bringing the children in the morning????!!!!!!!

The LO have informed that Grandad is fetching them tonight as Mum and Dad are working :eek:

I have text Mum over an hour ago asking who is collecting and no reply.

Constant battles with this one and I am going to terminate the contract I am still in the 4 week settling in period.

I have a good mind to text Mum and remind her without parental permission I will not allow the children to leave with their granddad tonight, and if she says that they are being collected tonight by Grandad, then I was going to suggest that they are collected within the next hour, as clearly they have no intention of paying me:angry:

What do you think, and so sorry for the rant

Louise B
29-10-2010, 09:24 AM
OMG you poor thing!! How can people live with themselves when they treat us like this?! It's not like we earn a fortune out of them is it!! I've got one who wouldn't pay on time and then passed the debt to her ex, who isn't even on the contract!!! Very embarrassing. She's said she'll be round tonight to pay the bill that isn't due till Monday, which has surprised me, but we'll see. At the same time, she's returning the expensive doll that her daughter stole from my house!!!!! :angry:

I would text her again, ask who's picking up, mention you can't let them go without permission, etc. Then say that if you don't receive the payment today you'll implement the late payment policy, then start action to recover the outstanding fees??

Horrible to be put in that situation though, I can't believe people do it!!! xxx

~Chelle~
29-10-2010, 10:18 AM
:angry:

Why would she give money to her husband to give to you when she was bringing the children herself???

I would be fuming too hun, she obviously had no intentions of paying you today, especially if the grandad is picking them up.

This would stump her, let the grandad come at pick up time and then say that you don't have permission to let the children go into the care of someone you know nothing about, because as far as you were aware, their mum informed you that their dad is collecting them ;)

I am sure that she will want to talk to you then!

minkzebell
29-10-2010, 10:39 AM
just get rid!!!!! If they are playing you about this early into the contract, they will only get worse as time goes on......and the lying:angry: I hate:angry: lying

Happy Bunny
29-10-2010, 10:42 AM
I agree if you have not got parental permission don't let the children go lol lol lol
That will teach them to not pay you.

You have a lot more patience than me, i would have refused to look after them without payment

mushpea
29-10-2010, 11:19 AM
I think you should terminate too,, if they cant pay you now then they wont in future, or you terminating could give them the kick up the bum the need and they will realise you are serious and rethink their ways.
I would ring mum and ask her who is collecting and if its grandad then either confirm he will be paying or ask them to be collected within the hour because as you said they clearly have no inteniton of paying and why work for nothing.

Happy Bunny
29-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Let us know the response you get, i am watching your thread with interest lol.

claire'scherubs
29-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Ok my god of done it now. Text mum and dad and both didn't reply so then I sent them a text to them both to say that the children needed to be collected by 12 noon otherwise I would implement the emergency contact list. I stated in the text that the trust had now gone and I could no longer care for their children.

That made Mum ring me!!!!!!! Ranted and raved, said she was going to report me as clearly it was just about money la la la la. I tried to explain that it is a business and yes I do have to pay bills too, but wasn't listening.

Dad arrived to collect and was as good as gold, saying that if she had paid me this morning then none of this would have happened

I do feel awful but had can I work like this, not knowing whether the children are coming one or the next, what days they are coming and then to top it up whether the money was going to be there!!!!!

Dad asked how much was owed and I asked for just what was owed, and nothing for this morning, cause I just couldn't be bothered

Gutted, now going out to cool off, speak to you later

SaijaM
29-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Gosh, what a horrible situation to be in!! I can't believe some parents...!! I would get rid straight away, asap! It's always going to be trouble with them.

Let us know how it goes??

I do hope you get your money.. and then it's byeeee! to them.

xx

georgie456
29-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Ok my god of done it now. Text mum and dad and both didn't reply so then I sent them a text to them both to say that the children needed to be collected by 12 noon otherwise I would implement the emergency contact list. I stated in the text that the trust had now gone and I could no longer care for their children.

That made Mum ring me!!!!!!! Ranted and raved, said she was going to report me as clearly it was just about money la la la la. I tried to explain that it is a business and yes I do have to pay bills too, but wasn't listening.

Dad arrived to collect and was as good as gold, saying that if she had paid me this morning then none of this would have happened

I do feel awful but had can I work like this, not knowing whether the children are coming one or the next, what days they are coming and then to top it up whether the money was going to be there!!!!!

Dad asked how much was owed and I asked for just what was owed, and nothing for this morning, cause I just couldn't be bothered

Gutted, now going out to cool off, speak to you later

WELL DONE YOU!!!!!
It makes me SO angry that they happily ignore texts until you have to get stroppy and then she rings you!!!!!!! What a cheek!!!! Of course it's all about money when you are OWED it!!!! Grrrrrr I'm boiling over for you!
At least dad was a bit more amicable about it all - she probably went off on one because she now knows that her hubby will have a go at her for not paying you this morning!!
By the way, did he actually pay you?!?!
I agree that there is no way you can carry on with this family - they sound like a nightmare

claire'scherubs
29-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks all appreciate the support, after cooling off I now feel gutted.

Dad only paid me what was outstanding from 2 weeks ago, and I told him not to bother about this morning.

Just worried now that she will report me, I know Ofsted will probably not got involved as its a financial issue, but just wonder what she is capable of doing.

Isn't it amazing how one day you can feel on top of the world then the next day somebody comes along and spoils it.

In future listen to your 'gut feeling' and say "Just say No":(

Lady Haha
29-10-2010, 03:14 PM
WELL DONE!!!!!

Don't stress too much about her reporting you as at the end of the day, what is she going to say to them? Even if they were concerned about financial issues she can hardly report you for wanting to be paid! She was just letting rip and trying to scare you.

Have a nice glass of something tonight and chill out.xxxx

mushpea
29-10-2010, 03:43 PM
you could always ring ofsted and explain what happend and that she is threating to report you that way you willl have got in there first and it will make them think twice about beliving anything she says.

georgie456
29-10-2010, 03:48 PM
I agree - what is she going to report? That she owed you money and made herself uncontactable whilst you were caring for her children? She was just mouthing off, and even if she does go to Ofsted, they're not interested in contractal disputes.
I would note down everything that happened, keep all text messages that you sent just for your piece of mind.

Chatterbox Childcare
29-10-2010, 05:02 PM
I would contact Ofsted just to let them know that you have a contract dispute and have it noted so if anything comes in you have got there first

jumpinjen
29-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Good advice from Debbie... a pre-emptive strike!!

And well done for being firm.... I wouldn't have done!!

jen x

claire'scherubs
29-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks I will ring Ofsted first thing Monday, as she is still sending me texts saying what an unprofessional I am, doh!!!!! how!!!!!????

Donkey
29-10-2010, 05:12 PM
keep the texts then if she does make a mallicious complaint to ofsted then at least you can show them the texts

:)

jumpinjen
29-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Test her back saying that you provided her with your complaints procedure should she wish to use it but as she breached the terms of contract by not paying then there isn't a lot that can be done! And state that you will no longer reply to texts, all communication will now be inwriting through your solicitor!! That should shut her up!

have a glass of wine!

jen x

em29
29-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Holy Moly what a b*tch! I cannot believe what goes on with some people!! Nevermind reporting you, she should be reported and taken court if she doesn't want to pay!!!
I agree with the advice from the others - avoid texting back etc YOU have done nothing wrong ...i am seething for you here :angry:
It makes me nervous to think that this could happen to all of us at some time and parents just think they can report us and make allegations when we know full well we are professional and fair at all time. Good luck hun xxx

karen m
29-10-2010, 06:19 PM
i have a family who from day 1 have owed money only had them 2 months,was meant to pay wednesday ,but paid thursday still owes 70 that was meant to be paid today still nothing,sent her a text about hour ago still waiting for reply,told her would be implementing late charge if not in my bank tonight

karen m
29-10-2010, 06:26 PM
just had text asking for my email address:(

Happy Bunny
29-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Well done for texting her.
I so wish there was a governing body we could report some parents to.
If the texts carry on you could always have her done for harrasment.

Unprofessional indeed! Think she needs a reality check.

I would so love to see how she does in her job if she behaves in this manner.

claire'scherubs
29-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Well done for texting her.
I so wish there was a governing body we could report some parents to.
If the texts carry on you could always have her done for harrasment.

Unprofessional indeed! Think she needs a reality check.

I would so love to see how she does in her job if she behaves in this manner.

Wait for it........a manager for a River Island, just doing her training

little_gems
29-10-2010, 07:38 PM
well done for standing up to them. :clapping:

Happy Bunny
29-10-2010, 07:39 PM
PMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The Juggler
29-10-2010, 09:08 PM
hon at least Dad paid you and well done for standing up to her. doesn't sound like he will let her complain given what he thinks of her actions:)

karen m
30-10-2010, 01:01 PM
still no money in bank ,says it gone from her account ,in her words nothing more she can do i will just have to wait,wait for it wanted my email address to give me notice family member now having them,told her 4 weeks notice needed,and i will inform tax credits on monday,think she will just want to pay family member with tax credits but no way,wish this govement would just parents vouchers to pay us then other people could not use them,sorry for the rant

claire'scherubs
30-10-2010, 02:26 PM
They really do your head in don't they

Jayse74
02-11-2010, 02:40 AM
you could always ring ofsted and explain what happend and that she is threating to report you that way you willl have got in there first and it will make them think twice about beliving anything she says.

:) I agree