PDA

View Full Version : what nappies for bum shufflers!

Polly2
29-10-2010, 07:29 AM
Hi all

I mind a little girl who is a bum shuffler. Do any of you know of any brand of nappy that has some elastic or something at the back waist?

The problem we are having is when she poos and then shuffles, (or bounces in her case!) it all shoots up her back :rolleyes:

By the time I have taken her vest off its everywhere. I had to bath her the other day as it was in her hair!!

Any ideas anyone?

maisiemog
29-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Boots own brand have elastic at the back but they are absolutely pants so wouldnt recommend them. We used them in an emergency last month adn my DD leaked very quickly!

I think huggies are elasticated too. Or maybe you could put her into the waterproof pants that they have for cloth nappies???

SaijaM
29-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Hee hee hee .. sorry! This made me giggle :)

I don't have any advice really, but I know what you're dealing with as my own dd is a bum shuffler! :)
Her poos are so sturdy though (TMI!) that they never get out of the nappy

xx Saija

sweets
29-10-2010, 11:52 AM
sorry but thats funny! lol :blush:

Tinglesnark
29-10-2010, 01:59 PM
lol i think you might have to change the nappy quick! lol

good luck finding a nappy tough enough!

:thumbsup:

Blaze
29-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Huggies Flexi something or the other (blue packet) - mind gone blank!:blush:

But they are definately the best for shufflers - only have the occassional accident & these seem to be a bit better contained!

...been there with the hair - YUK!:laughing:

Polly2
29-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Thanks
I seem to remember huggies being better when my kids were little - I will have a look - she has runny poos naturally.
Just had another nappy mess! lovely bag of smelly clothes for mum.

I have now put her in number 6 pampers! I wondered whether a bigger size might do the trick for now :D It'll probably leak out of the legs now :rolleyes:

Mollymop
29-10-2010, 02:54 PM
My dd was a bum shuffler, she used to wear pampers never had a problem - maybe you will have to quickly change her bum as soon as you know she has done it, if you can:)

Polly2
29-10-2010, 03:13 PM
My dd was a bum shuffler, she used to wear pampers never had a problem - maybe you will have to quickly change her bum as soon as you know she has done it, if you can:)

I think its the consistency (sorry if tmi!) it just bubbles up out the back!! :panic:
I do try and catch her as soon as!

IndigoMoon
29-10-2010, 04:36 PM
I use cloth nappies and they don't seem to leak so badly. Could that be an option for you?

Polly2
29-10-2010, 06:06 PM
I wouldn't have a problem using cloth nappies but I think mum would!