PDA

View Full Version : Paid in advance

SonnysMummy
10-04-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm going to ask to be paid in advance. Do you suggest weekly or monthly; or let the parents choose whether they want to pay weekly or monthly. If they decided obviously i'd say that the day always must stay the same.
If i was off sick i wouldn't be getting paid so as they would have already paid for that day, would i then just give them a refund for the time i was sick?

Kelly:)

Rubybubbles
10-04-2008, 07:48 PM
I get paid monthly in advance :D

Banana
10-04-2008, 07:51 PM
I get paid both weekly and monthly depending on the parents request, always in advance :)

And yes you would just refund the difference to them or take it off their next invoice - whichever the parent would prefer

x

Lou
10-04-2008, 07:54 PM
I have parents who pay weekly and some pay monthly but yes always in advance and agreed when signing contracts.

If i am ever off sick (which is never) i would credit the next invoice xx

Wiggly
10-04-2008, 07:56 PM
I agree with above. I get paid monthly in advance and would take off my sickness from next months invoice.

Wiggly
x

SonnysMummy
10-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Thankyou:)

Also; would i be able to say i'd like to be paid on the last day of the month so that all the parents pay me at the same time? Or would i leave it to them to decide the day?

Blaze
10-04-2008, 08:13 PM
I have parents who pay weekly and some pay monthly but yes always in advance and agreed when signing contracts.

If i am ever off sick (which is never) i would credit the next invoice xx

Same!
Blaze:)

Wiggly
10-04-2008, 08:22 PM
I have found parent like to choose as to when they get paid. My current mindee's parents pay me on the 1st of the month as they get paid end of month.

Wiggly
x

SonnysMummy
10-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Do you think it's reasonable to say they can pay by cash or standing order but i will only accept cash if they decide to pay weekly; so if monthly has to be standing order? It's just i wouldn't want a whole months amount of cash to by lying around my house. People may get to know the day you will be paid and know you'll have cash in the house!!!

Twinkles
10-04-2008, 08:46 PM
I don't think it's unreasonable. Most people will find it easier to have a standing order anyway.

angeldelight
10-04-2008, 09:34 PM
I get paid weekly and monthly

Most pay in cash

Some pay by cheque - for those that pay by cheque they pay me 5 days in advance of their normal pay day to allow the cheque to clear in time - they sign a form to agree to this

Angel xx

TillyTwinkle
10-04-2008, 10:28 PM
I get paid monthly in advance and issue my invoices on the 1st of the month and give parents 10 days from the invoice date to pay. Uusually i get my money within a day or two and no parent has complained or said its a problem for them.

Tilly.xx

susi513
11-04-2008, 01:24 PM
You can specify whatever terms you like, but I like to give parents the choice. If parents can choose their own payment date it ought to co-incide nicely with their wages and helps to minimise problems in paying you. Also the more limited you are the more chance there is of them choosing someone more flexible.

I let parents choose whether to pay monthly or weekly and which payment day they will have. But whatever they choose that is the LATEST date by which I must have cleared funds and if they want to change the payment day they have to give 4 weeks notice to cancel the contract and I do a new contract to reflect the new arrangement.

I take payments by cheque, cash, bank transfers (online/telephone), standing orders, childcare vouchers. I also have accounts with paypal and nochex but no-ones used those for childminding payments. I figure the more choices they have, the less reasons for late payment!

barbarella68
11-04-2008, 02:07 PM
I was just wondering if anybody does what I do and ask to be paid every 4 weeks as if you get paid on same date each month you may be missing out on a weeks money because of 5 week months

angeldelight
11-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Yes I get paid every 4 weeks but I always say monthly but yes I work it out and count 4 weeks and they pay in advance for that

Angel xx