PDA

View Full Version : Signing to say parents have read policies...

buzzy bee
28-10-2010, 09:07 PM
At the moment I have all my policies in my pack and get parents to sign a form to say they've read them all... it just has tick boxes with all the policies down one side and a tick box next to it to tick to say they've read it.

What happens if I change one of the policies and need them to say they've read the new one?

Should I have dates on the policies, and should I save old versions of them?

Thanks!

buzzy bee
28-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Also, I now want to get permission from parents to let me display photos of their kids in my setting, so can I just handwrite at the bottom of their permission form, and get them to sign next to it? Or should I do a new form for them?

miffy
28-10-2010, 09:11 PM
If it's a major change then I'd give parents a new copy and get them to sign to say they've had it.

If it's a minor change then I'll put it in a newsletter for everyone to see.

Yes I date my policies and no I don't save the old ones.

Miffy xx

buzzy bee
28-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Thanks Miffy. Do you mean you put the dates on so they show when you print them out?

Penny1959
29-10-2010, 04:01 AM
My polices have a date that did them and signed them and a place for parents to sign and date when they read them.

I have also introduced a parent statement to say have read and understood the policy.

All my policies also have a renewal date.

I do keep previous policies as a way of showing reflection and professional development.

Penny :)