PDA

View Full Version : Advertising, do you put your home address...

keeks
28-10-2010, 09:06 PM
... on your business cards or flyers? I'm not sure if it's sensible or not???

Sorry about all the million questions! :blush:

xxx

Mookins
28-10-2010, 09:10 PM
ive just put the village im in...better be safe hey
some weird ones out there:(

xx

charlie potato
28-10-2010, 10:14 PM
I give my name and email address along with landline and mobile number. xx :)

Andrea08
28-10-2010, 11:25 PM
NO NO NO not your address hun or your registration no. for lots of reasons.

give the area or schools you are close to, only give your address when parents book to come see you,

all the best with your advertising i need to do some too as work has realy dropped as parents can no longer afford to go bk to college because of cuts

good luck x

Penny1959
29-10-2010, 03:26 AM
This is a personal choice - if you do give your address you need to make sure you will be able to safeguard yourself and the children from unwelcome visitors or people hanging around near your house.

I feel that I am able to do this and so have always given my address and phone number - and now I have those details on my website as well.

I have never had any problems either in my previous registration (85 - 04) or since re registering.

However your registration number is a totally different thing and this should not be given out as some will use it to claim tax credits that they are not entitled to. I only give my registration number on signing of the contract and reciept of a deposit.

Penny :)

IndigoMoon
29-10-2010, 06:57 AM
No not ever.

All sorts of reasons from prospective parents turning up out of the blue when you're perhpas very busy getting lunch and watching 3 little ones at the same time, to having some weirdo pervert trying to gain access to the children.

I just put landline and mobile phone numbers, my website address and an email address.

Mrs M
29-10-2010, 07:22 AM
The name of my road is on my advertising material. However, my car has magnetic advertising strips on it and it's parked on my driveway so most people in my area know where I live!
It's up to you. Maybe just the area in which you live.

ORKSIE
29-10-2010, 07:27 AM
I put the area I live and my phone number on any advertising I do.:thumbsup:

marnieb
29-10-2010, 07:39 AM
I put my postcode - I think that's enough for them to work out how far my house is from theirs!!!

oneofeach
29-10-2010, 07:46 AM
I put my address and have never had any problems.

My car has my details on and I live next to a park so the whole world knows who I am and what I do anyway.

There is no way anyone could get into the house or near the children so I dont see its a problem but each to their own.

keeks
29-10-2010, 07:56 AM
Thank you for good advice! I have decided to only put my area, phone number and website details. I am in a city so there are lots of people about, you never know.

Just about to order some cards from Vistaprint! And I remembered to go through the forum. :thumbsup:

xxx

Toothfairy
29-10-2010, 12:25 PM
I just put the area that I'm in and give my mobile number & email address.

little chickee
29-10-2010, 12:39 PM
On posters and my sar magnet i have the villiage im from and my landline.

On my business cards i have my full adress, landline and email address.

Mouse
29-10-2010, 01:02 PM
I have 2 sets of business cards. One set doesn't have my address on & I give those out to peolpe who are just looking for info. It gives name, area I live, phone numbers & email address.

The other set has got my address on & I give those to parents once they have signed up. I give them several cards & the idea is they leave one at home, one in the car, one in their purse or wallet etc. The idea is they will always have my contact details to hand.

SaijaM
29-10-2010, 03:01 PM
I only put my email, phone number and area that I'm in...
I'm too paranoid about weirdos knocking on my door.. so rather leave the exact address unknown...

:) xx