PDA

View Full Version : parent

candy cat
28-10-2010, 06:50 PM
I have a new mindee and I am just not clicking with the parents.....the lo has turned up twice ill, I am not one for sending children home for the sake of it,but a temp of 39 isn't just teething in my eyes plus had been up all night which they didn't tell me until I mentioned she was ill.....Lo is unsettled and I have suggested loads of things to help.....just ignored,nothing written in book etc etc ....and now I am going to be paid late....they have had 3 months to sort vouchers out!:angry: I like to have a nice relationship with all my parents and I feel totally appreciated by the rest....but not these ....both my dp and me had a gut feeling about these parents too.......so have any of you just given notice because of parents just not giving a hoot or am I just being hormonal and sensitive! cx

Happy Bunny
28-10-2010, 06:57 PM
I have a parent like this, silly me was told to be careful by previous childminder but being naive i put it down to sour grapes.
Sadly it was all too true, i have been mucked around, spoken to like hired help.
Am now waiting till i can fill the vacancy i have so i can give notice, naughty of me i know.
Trust your gut feeling, it normally tells the truth.

The Juggler
28-10-2010, 08:27 PM
oh hon. i know vouchers are a nightmare in the beginning but not your problem. if my parents are late with voucher payments I ask them to make a bank transfer - it's up to them to sort out.:angry: :angry:

I think keep an eye on the illness to and maybe a newsletter to remind about your sickness policyx

candy cat
28-10-2010, 08:54 PM
thanks.....just i told her 5x about how vouchers work and it clearly states in my account by the 1st.....just a pain as I wouldn't fill my trolley up in tesco and say......sorry will pay you in a couple of days. My text was to the point ....i am not a mean person .....just want to be treated as an important person in their childs life.:rolleyes: cx

miffy
28-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Have you got late fees written into your contract? If you do then apply them and they will hopefully get the message.

Miffy xx

francinejayne
28-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Oh you sound like me!

I met the parents for the first time and as soon as they had gone my 16 year old son said "I don't like them mum!"

I told him off for making judgements on people he doesn't know - but secretly I also felt that things were a bit awkward?

Anyway, 3 months down the line I finally gave notice 2 weeks ago and it felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. We have had many problems with their 4 year old son's behaviour (it's not just me that has experienced this - he was put on a behaviour report after 3 days in reception class) and I feel that mum just doesn't support me in anything I try to do, which has not helped the son's behaviour at all. It all came to a head a few weeks ago and I just decided that it wasn't worth the hassle any more, it's my business and it was having a negative impact on my happiness. I have given up £400 per month, but mine and my family's happiness is worth much more than that!

Roll on 12th November!!!

Good luck whatever you decide!

candy cat
29-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Francine....so glad it's not me:blush: just wrote in book that i am extending settling in and that the communication book is a two way thing and that i need them to work with me.....quite to the point and i keep thinking do i or don't i rip it up,but i am doing it for the lo and it upsets me when anything i suggests falls on death ears!

FussyElmo
31-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Vouchers can be a pain in the neck. My mindees parents uses them and more than often they are late or pay me 2 months. I regularly give out the late payment fees which the voucher company honour not the parents.

It is hard for the parents when the voucher companies mess up as they have already had the money taken out of their wages so it can be awkward for them to find the money. At one point I did tell the parents I didnt want to use them anymore because of the problems but its such a saving to them.

As for writing in the book well you cant actually make them and as long as you are and sending it home thats all you can do.

However if you feel you cant work with the lo and she still is unsettled then maybe its time to give notice so both of you can move on :)