PDA

View Full Version : My mum as my assistant?!?!?

brit_chick
10-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Hiya peeps. I have been thinking about asking my mum about being my assistant for a few weeks now & today she more or less said that she would love to look after the kids with me & i asked her about her job & she said she would be happy to leave it.So i asked her how much she gets paid a week & she tould me but then she said she wouldnt want paying if she did help me but then i said she would be loseing out if i didnt pay her & thats all that was said as she had to go to work.

Anyway there are a few quesitons i have got on this matter.

Will she have to do a ICP course?

What will ofsted have to do? Will they have to come out & see me again?

She has alaready got a CRB so she wouldnt need one of them.

Thank You

sarah707
10-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Hiya peeps. I have been thinking about asking my mum about being my assistant for a few weeks now & today she more or less said that she would love to look after the kids with me & i asked her about her job & she said she would be happy to leave it.So i asked her how much she gets paid a week & she tould me but then she said she wouldnt want paying if she did help me but then i said she would be loseing out if i didnt pay her & thats all that was said as she had to go to work.

Not as an assistant, yes if she was registering in her own right. Don't forget though you can't leave an assistant with children on their own except in an emergency.

Not sure - best ask them - 08456 404040 or someone else might know

She might well... they sometimes take current CRBs and sometimes insist on new ones. You would need to complete a CM2 from their website, send it off with current CRB attached and wait until they decide.

Thank You

I would ring them tomorrow and get some more info... how exciting for you! :D

Pauline
10-04-2008, 08:30 PM

Not as an assistant, yes if she was registering in her own right. Don't forget though you can't leave an assistant with children on their own except in an emergency.

Not sure - best ask them - 08456 404040 or someone else might know

She might well... they sometimes take current CRBs and sometimes insist on new ones. You would need to complete a CM2 from their website, send it off with current CRB attached and wait until they decide.I would ring them tomorrow and get some more info... how exciting for you! :D

Sarah - you can leave an assistant with the children, providing Ofsted have said it's ok (and it's on your certificate) and that parents have given written permission for sole care, it doesn't have to be an emergency.

Brit-chick - When I registered Graham as my assistant they didn't come out it was all done either over the phone or via paperwork. Also, as Sarah says she may well have to have a new CRB as they don't always carry over from one job to another.

Good luck :)

Twinkles
10-04-2008, 08:38 PM

Thank You

OMG my worst nightmare ...my mum working with me :eek:
I'm jealous that you have such a good relationship.

brit_chick
10-04-2008, 09:14 PM
My mum had to have a CRB befor i started as a childminder as i childmind from her house.Do you think she might need to have a another one?

That nearly put me off when you said you could only leave them with an assistant in an emergency :eek:. As she would be a big help on the school runs.

Lol at Twinkles :laughing:.We get along great & i think we could work together well :).I will have to give her some rules about the kids tho as she is ALOT softer than me & i am strict (must of got that from my dad :rolleyes: )

Thank You

sarah707
10-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Sarah - you can leave an assistant with the children, providing Ofsted have said it's ok (and it's on your certificate) and that parents have given written permission for sole care, it doesn't have to be an emergency.

Ah, thanks Pauline! I was going from a conversation i had with a friend a long while ago now about her assistant... didn't realise it had changed! Oops... sorry! :blush:

brit_chick
10-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Its ok sarah dont worrie about it.Thanks for your help :)

Trouble
10-04-2008, 09:51 PM
i would hate to work with my mum

we havent got the best relationship anyway but it definately wouldnt work:panic: :panic: :panic:

Fandangles
11-04-2008, 12:22 PM
If I worked with my mum I would soon be out of business:

1. because she hates kids! and
2. because I would be in prison serving time for matricide!

Twinkles
11-04-2008, 12:33 PM
If I worked with my mum I would soon be out of business:

1. because she hates kids! and
2. because I would be in prison serving time for matricide!

:laughing: me too !!

Pauline
11-04-2008, 03:29 PM
That nearly put me off when you said you could only leave them with an assistant in an emergency :eek:. As she would be a big help on the school runs.

That's the best bit - I send Graham out in the rain to pick them up :D

brit_chick
06-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Just an update!
Ofsted said yes to my mum being my assistant & they have put my numbers up & my new certificate came today :clapping:

crazybones
06-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Great news. Well done. :clapping: Hope you have fun.:D