PDA

View Full Version : another non paying parent

hollyoaksmad
28-10-2010, 04:52 PM
so i have been looking after a little boy since june and the settling period is up she gave me notice on the 15th october and gave me a letter stating she would like to terminate the contract from the 29th October

BUT states on contract its 3 weeks notice and she said this to me

i left it for a week and i decided to text her nice message askin how her bday was and when she will be paying and if she still wants child to attend. no reply after 7 txts messages and 2 phone calls. but today she said

i have received your texts and you will be receiving any further correspondence through the post

i take that as she wont pay and is sending me another letter.
i phoned ncma today and they said they cant help as payment is £115 and limit is £150

they said send a letter on the 5th nov

but how do you lot deal with it

thanksxx

funemnx
28-10-2010, 05:06 PM
I wonder if she is claiming for childcare? Seems to be happening a lot lately :mad:

IndigoMoon
28-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Sorry, have no advice but you are not alone, I'm going through the same thing with a parent refusing to pay.

I hope you get some good advice.

TRACEY1969
28-10-2010, 05:12 PM
I wonder if she is claiming for childcare? Seems to be happening a lot lately :mad:

i have just had a phone call about a parent who came to see me 2 years ago, she gave me a deposit then i gave my Ofsted Registration to her but never turned up on the day. This parent claimed £36000 (thirty six thousand pounds) with my registration. How do we stop this, i did inform tax credits of this when she didn't show.

patevans
28-10-2010, 05:14 PM
I have had 2 phone calls this week checking up on parents, the lady on the phone said there are so many people falsely (sp) claiming at the minute so they are ringing around all childminders!

Mouse
28-10-2010, 05:25 PM
i have just had a phone call about a parent who came to see me 2 years ago, she gave me a deposit then i gave my Ofsted Registration to her but never turned up on the day. This parent claimed £36000 (thirty six thousand pounds) with my registration. How do we stop this, i did inform tax credits of this when she didn't show.

Blimey :eek: How did you find out she claimed that much?

The Juggler
28-10-2010, 05:29 PM
OMG £36k - cheeky woman. Hollyoaks, this is awful and I'm afraid one of the reasons for my move to MM insurance from NCMA. No point paying for insurance against these things unless you can claim:(

I would add on some hefty late payment charges until you are over the £150 limit for what owed;)

TRACEY1969
28-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Blimey :eek: How did you find out she claimed that much?

tax credits rung me up and said was i having her 2 children for a period of 2years 3 months at £299.00 a week. I wish i was charging that much for both considering they are in full time school. I told tax credits didn't it ring alarm bells she lives 12 miles from me now and both kids go to school full time and i also told tax credits i rung them up when she didn't turn up but they didn't want to know. What a lifestyle they was having living it up.

Mouse
28-10-2010, 05:44 PM
tax credits rung me up and said was i having her 2 children for a period of 2years 3 months at £299.00 a week. I wish i was charging that much for both considering they are in full time school. I told tax credits didn't it ring alarm bells she lives 12 miles from me now and both kids go to school full time and i also told tax credits i rung them up when she didn't turn up but they didn't want to know. What a lifestyle they was having living it up.

OMG!!! To think she's got away with it for all this time! I'd love to know what happens to her now that they've caught up with her.
What a pity they didn't listen to you in the first place though :panic:

TRACEY1969
28-10-2010, 05:56 PM
OMG!!! To think she's got away with it for all this time! I'd love to know what happens to her now that they've caught up with her.
What a pity they didn't listen to you in the first place though :panic:

all they do is stop the money going to her and order to pay it back each month without going to court, thats what tc told me.

One of my cm friends was in the possition where parents owed her money, that was a year ago and still not got a penny back. I always ask for one weeks money or half up front so they are always one week ahead of themselves with payment. I also state in my contract no money no childcare, but when it comes to notice and non payment not been in that situation yet thank god but i would write a letter stating i am informing Tax Credits of non payment, send it recorded delivery state a date for when payment should reach me. If no payment i would cut my loses and move on, you can't get blood out of a stone and i know i am better than them and they have to live with it and i hope they can sleep at night.

tara
29-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Im having the same problem with a mum that stopped a contract last friday no notice nothing l cant afford to lose £240 so she's gona have to pay up.I will take it all the way l have ncma insurance but think its bad it has to be over £150 as people pay there money you then get ripped of twice.

CHEEKY BEE
30-10-2010, 03:25 PM
I had this problem recently. NCMA did pursue it for me but even if it is over the amount they state u still have to do the initial letters yourself.

I would send a letter stating that you accept notice to terminate the contract given on 15th Oct, I would point out that in accordance with the contract the notice is 3 weeks and therefore she needs to pay up until 5th November. I would send an invoice and request payment within 14 days.

I would then wait and if payment is not made then I would send a further letter giving another 14 days to pay or your will take legal action.

You can pursue this yourself throught the small claims court but you need to decide if the parent will have the money to pay even if the court find in your favour.

I have the letters that NMCA did on my behalf so I can pm you the wording if you need help.

Keep any texts or letter you receive.

Good Luck :)

Chatterbox Childcare
30-10-2010, 04:29 PM

We don't. It is not our responsibility

singlewiththree
30-10-2010, 04:48 PM
I received a letter on Friday from tax credits asking for details of the child in my care who incidently is the one who the cheque bounced and she keeps saying the bacs is on its way but after a week it still hasn't arrived. The child is due back Monday! On the tax credits form there were 2 children, the brother of the one I care for too so I have filled it in correctly saying I do not care for the brother and the exact amounts they pay :angry:

michelleg
30-10-2010, 05:15 PM
hi,im going thru same as few other parents ,mum only wanted to pay me bits here and there rather than full amount ,it was only £42,she gets workin tax credit ,but said she cudnt afford to pay me ,anyway she then decided she was going to put him in nursary so ive had no notice no nothing fuming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChocolateChip
31-10-2010, 01:34 AM
Does she think the nursery are gonna let her pay dribs and drabs here and there? I think not!
And the woman who claimed £36k should be dragged through the courts and the papers and thoroughly named and shamed, that is downright criminal :angry:

hollyoaksmad
31-10-2010, 07:11 PM
hey thank u for your help its just a waiting game and i need to accept this is going to happen alot. makes me so cross and upset that people can do this. i need to not stress

i have a letter pre wrote thanku neway just have to wait now i think i will go with MM next year for insurance

:)xx