PDA

View Full Version : Videos of the children

Mrs.L.C
28-10-2010, 07:57 AM
Sorry was not sure where to put this,

I have had a request from a parent asking if we could video their child playing games/doing activities with the other children. At first I thought this could be a good idea with parents consent but as I was wording a consent form I started to become a little unsure on how this may come across.

Does anyone else do this (not just for observation purpose but to pass onto parents) and how have they worded the consent form

miffy
28-10-2010, 12:03 PM
No, I've never videoed the children - did the parent say why they wanted a video as opposed to a photograph?

I suppose as long as the other parents don't mind and you have written permission from everyone then it will be OK.

Miffy xx

christine e
28-10-2010, 12:17 PM
I include video permission in with my photo permission. Recently had to video as part of ECAT training (were given a flip video camera) and had to get parents permission. Later used it to record what one little boy said when he came home from his first morning at school and for another little boy who takes a while to settle down,videoed him in the afternoon when he was settled so that his mum could see for herself how settled and happy he was (think videos tell so much more than a photo).

Cx

Mrs.L.C
28-10-2010, 12:24 PM
No, I've never videoed the children - did the parent say why they wanted a video as opposed to a photograph?

I suppose as long as the other parents don't mind and you have written permission from everyone then it will be OK.

Miffy xx

They want to see how their child is interacting with children as this is the main reason I have their LO

singlewiththree
28-10-2010, 12:55 PM
I video my mindees and give it to the parents with photos on a CD at the end of each term. I find it particularly useful to video school events for the parents who can't make it but do they not realise that if the children know that you are videoing they will act differently.

georgie456
28-10-2010, 01:10 PM
I video them on my digital camera - just short little bits and then I email them to the parents. They love getting these - one mindee had been trying to learn the grand old duke of york for ages and I managed to video him doing it for the first time all the way through - the parent's loved it!