PDA

View Full Version : dhc unit 3 E6 really struggling plz help

rachb82
27-10-2010, 08:59 PM
hi there i am part way through my assignment but i seem to be really struggling with the question below

E6. describe ways to balance the practitioners individual needs with the demands of the role

if anyone can help or give me some pointers so i am in the right direction i would be really grateful

thanks xx

Jensarah
29-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Hi. Hope this is of a bit of help for you. I put a bit about the impact on my home and family - mess, noise, no time for usual housework etc and that you need an understanding partner. Also to make arrangements for childcare for your own children to attend training. Then a bit about being assertive - ie clear contracts that you and parents must stick to, about being flexible (one of the benefits of home based as in E1 I think) but not a pushover. Stressing to parents that you are professional. Impact on behaviour of your own children. Have you got time to get to dentist, hairdresser etc? Can you hide away your paperwork etc so that your home can be home when not working. Can you fit in paperwork at a more convenient time so it doesn't take over your whole life? That was basically it. You need a life away from CM too.
I'm doing Unit 4 now so may be asking for help myself soon!
Jen