PDA

View Full Version : Save the Family

Mrs M
27-10-2010, 07:02 PM
I wanted to do something for Harvest this year which completely involved the children. I wanted for them to be able to help collect the food and then see where it was going to rather than just dropping a box of food off at church. Therefore, I organised for us and another minder to visit Save the Family in North Wales. It's an amazing organisation working to keep families together. Today we donated food, clothes, toys and books and were given a guided tour around the amazing place. They have a small children's centre, outside play area, adventure playground and much more. The families are educated, helped, looked after and are able to stay together. The staff are absolutely amazing. The children we took with us now have an understanding of what it means to give to charity and to be homeless. I'm so proud of the children. We're now working towards a Christmas collection for this charity.

angeldelight
27-10-2010, 07:15 PM
I think thats really lovely

Not a lot of people seem to do this sort of thing anymore

Well done to you and the children :clapping:

Angel xx

Penny1959
28-10-2010, 04:38 AM
Sounds fantastic - a bit far for me - I shall see if anything similar locally. Thanks for the idea - love it.

Penny:)

miffy
28-10-2010, 07:18 AM
A lovely idea - is it a national charity?

Good luck with the Christmas collection

Miffy xx

bexcee
28-10-2010, 07:52 AM
What a lovely idea and so much more rewarding for the children to actually see who they are helping. :clapping:

Mrs M
29-10-2010, 07:19 AM
A lovely idea - is it a national charity?

Good luck with the Christmas collection

Miffy xx

They're just based in Chester and North Wales.
Even the three year olds in our group had an understanding of what we were doing and why. It's a truly amazing place.
Thank you x

Polly2
29-10-2010, 07:43 AM
That sounds a lovely idea! Well done you :clapping: