PDA

View Full Version : 'bonus' mindee!?

buzzy bee
27-10-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm having a mindee this week on hols and hav signed a contract to say she will come to me after school 3 days a week, but the nature of her mums work means she's never sure if she'll need me or not... i know they don't have a lot of money so am thinking maybe as she won't be included in my numbers, (over 8) i'll just say to her just let me know on the day if you want me to have her or not... then if i do look after her it's a bonus, rather than her paying me for all 3 days when she doesn't need to.

Am i being too nice here or would you do the same?

jumpinjen
27-10-2010, 03:20 PM
I would maybe say half fee if you don't have her, and to let you know the week before what days you will be having rather than waiting around on the day to hear?

jen x

FussyElmo
27-10-2010, 03:33 PM
I have an ad-hoc mindee who I charge for as and when. She can go for weeks not needing me and then rings. I always ask for at least 24 hours notice. She is not in my numbers and I look at the money as a little bonus week.

I dont charge her anything for her place as she is over 8 :thumbsup:

funemnx
27-10-2010, 06:32 PM
I've done this before now and it's worked out really well. Especially if I'm full with my under 8's anyway :)

charlie potato
27-10-2010, 06:46 PM
I'd maybe charge half fee. I'd be tempted to ask what figure they are giving tax credits for payments as they may put it through tax credits as every week if they claim for childcare. xx :idea:

karen m
27-10-2010, 08:50 PM
i have a parent who lets me no 2 weeks before am needed e is 9 so i treat this as a bonus

jacey
27-10-2010, 09:41 PM
If you are doing the school run anyway - as and when is a bonus. This is what I do with the over 8s I mind.
If you would have to pick up only this one - notice of when you're needed is the bare minimum and a small retainer if they're claiming childcare I feel would be fair.