PDA

View Full Version : Bread recipe?

buzzy bee
27-10-2010, 03:07 PM
I've NEVER made bread but got 3 8-yr-olds tomorrow (2 of them on a 2-hr trial) so thought I might try doing some baking with them and thought we could make bread rolls for our lunch?

Does anyone have a simple recipe?

buildingblocks
27-10-2010, 03:52 PM
yes it comes in a pack from the supermarket and I just add water (sorry I know that's not what you wanted to hear). Do you want a recipe where you have to use yeast or not. If you look up soda bread that is fairly easy to do and has no yeast in it I think.

I'm not sure if I can post a link to a recipe so will pm one to you

buzzy bee
27-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Thanks!

Have been googling and think we'll make cheese scones instead - that way the trial kids can take one home and the one who's here all day can have one for lunch.

I didn't realise how long bread took - by the time it's risen etc it won't be ready before they leave which would be a bit rubbish!

Will definitely make bread another time tho :)

maisiemog
27-10-2010, 06:46 PM
We make bread here. Although admittedly we cheat and use my breadmaker but I let mindees measure and put ingredients in breadmaker and then we go and do another activity whilst it bakes ( I use the fast cook setting!). We usually make something yummy to eat with the bread in that time!