PDA

View Full Version : OU E100 module.... infor please??

jumpinjen
27-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Hi.... my EY team have told me I need to be on the FD by the end of the financial year or they can't guarantee funding for it next year (If i am on it then they will continue funding until completion) has anyone done the apel route for this??

if not then how many assignments are required for the module as i can't find the exact information i need and want to decide whether I can fit it in.

i'm used to distance learning as just finishing a very heavy level four montessori teaching diploma, but just wanna be sure before I commit!!

Thanks, Jen

Blaze
27-10-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm doing it via OU - I would suggest you give them a call - you're too late for the one in Oct, but I know they do another start at the beginning of the year - am usure which month though & if it will be in time for you...you may have to wait til May to get funding & start next Autumn (this happened to me last year).
HTH:)

kindredspirits
27-10-2010, 01:57 PM
I think there are 4 tutor marked assignments and 1 end of course assignment - all are essay based (i did the course last year).
Its time consuming but not difficult.
I am booked onto a child psychology course to start next feb and am dreading it as its an optional unit and I don't have a psychology background - my hubby is doing the same course at the same time but he's already done 2 psychology courses leading to this one! ;)

jumpinjen
27-10-2010, 05:48 PM
thanks ladies.... I might ask about doing the apel module instead which requires a portfolio of evidence, one essay and an interview.......the idea of that terrifies me but I don't really want to repeat myself if i don't have to after the amount I have put into my diploma this year!!

jenni