PDA

View Full Version : food standars agencie

selena 31
27-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Do they come out and inspect you i have registerd but not offering food just snacks at the moment but do they still come out and inspect you? :rolleyes:

buildingblocks
27-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Unsure on that one and if it is like anything else then it may well depend on which area you are in as well. Don't worry if they do come out they will just check that you know what you are doing and are not going to poison the little darlings I your care.

A friend of mine doesn't provide anything at all and has been told by EHO that she does not have to register. The LA told her she has to register. EHO won't send out a letter stating what they have told her.

Think if they do come out they will just check where you are storing the packed lunches, etc. Have you got a copy of the Safer Foods Publication for childminders. If not hey will probably bring one out for you and tell you what you need to do with that. Hopefully someone will come along who can answer your question better than me.

IndigoMoon
27-10-2010, 11:32 AM
I think it depends on where you live. I have been inspected but it was very low key compared with others I have read on here.

I wasn't inspected until I had been registered for over a year though so I presumed they wouldn't do it and then they turned up out of the blue!

mama2three
27-10-2010, 11:40 AM
In our area they do come out , but really very basic check of your understanding and whether you use the safer foods better business pack and thats all really. Certainly nothing to worry about.