PDA

View Full Version : food receipts

auntym
27-10-2010, 09:26 AM
i keep my food receipts seperate as we only have to keep them for 3mths (if im right), i keep them on top of my printer in bedroom so i can just easily bin them, iv just been to the late shop for afew bits and gone upstairs to put the receipt on printer and the rest have gone, i checked round room so see if fallen then rang my dh, who said "oh i thought you just left em lying there so i binned them on saturday"
what do i my previous wks shoppin was done online so i can go into my asda acct for that but last wks shoppin i did and paid in store on a solo card, would they be able to trace itemised reciept with that or should i not be overly concerned?

buildingblocks
27-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Sorry you can't find them but am intrigued. Can I ask why you only keep them for three months. I put mine into my accounts so keep them for 7 years.

rickysmiths
27-10-2010, 12:32 PM
i keep my food receipts seperate as we only have to keep them for 3mths (if im right), i keep them on top of my printer in bedroom so i can just easily bin them, iv just been to the late shop for afew bits and gone upstairs to put the receipt on printer and the rest have gone, i checked round room so see if fallen then rang my dh, who said "oh i thought you just left em lying there so i binned them on saturday"
what do i my previous wks shoppin was done online so i can go into my asda acct for that but last wks shoppin i did and paid in store on a solo card, would they be able to trace itemised reciept with that or should i not be overly concerned?

I think you are confusing two requirements here.

You need to keep food reciepts for all food even if it is under £10 for 3 months for the Environmental healt Dept. This is so if there should be Food Poisoning in your setting they can trace all the food you have bought back to source. This is because sometimes the food poisoning may have been caused by one of the suppliers and not you.

However your food reciepts form part of your overall business expenditure and so for tax purposes must be kept for 6yrs.

jumpinjen
27-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Good clarification from rickysmiths but for now as things stand.... you can do nothing about those receipts that are lost (unless you go bin diving :( ) so write it off and start again would be my advice

jen x