PDA

View Full Version : help dd just bit mindee!!!!!!

mrs coops
27-10-2010, 07:18 AM
My dd just bit mindee in a fit of temper lo is ok but it has marked her but don't know where to log it? i have an ncma medical folder but i'm still getting to grips with everything is there a section in there?
or do i need a seperate incident book?

lucy

bexcee
27-10-2010, 07:32 AM
Just write it up in your accident book and get the parents to sign it when they collect. Don't worry it happens all the times and as long as you explain to the parents how you dealt with it ie put son in time out and explained to him that it is not acceptable to bite then I'm sure they will be ok about it. No doubt the mindee will get him back at some point :panic:

little_gems
27-10-2010, 07:34 AM
hi just write it in your ncma accident, incident and medication folder. in section 2. its quite an easy form!1 hope everyones alright.

The Juggler
27-10-2010, 07:51 AM
def. fill in an incident form too and then I would have an action plan to tell the parent about to reassure her how you are going to manage it from here to minimise risk of it happening again.:) Don't worry it happens

IndigoMoon
27-10-2010, 08:02 AM
Lots of good advice already so just to add that when one of my charges has bitten another I've logged it in the incident book. I would do the same thing if one of my own children bit. HTH

mrs coops
27-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Thanks i just went into panic :laughing: my dd has never biten anyone before.

Lucy

Mollymop
27-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Hope everyones ok x

mrs coops
27-10-2010, 02:23 PM
My mindee was completley unfased by it bless her just looked at my dd like she was mad lol only a very slight mark on her. Has anyone else had a dd or ds that bites and how can i discourage it?

ziggy
27-10-2010, 02:44 PM
i used to mind my grandson and he bit a mindee (his best friend lol) twice, luckily her mummy has 3 children and understood these things happen. He did it when frustrated. I sent him home on both occasions, as he is my son's child, explained he needed to 'use his words when he was cross' and it stopped.

hope u feel better