PDA

View Full Version : Excited

Pipsqueak
10-04-2008, 06:14 PM
A lovely lining to my awful week - we are going to get our brand spanking new tourer caravan tomorrow - yay. We've only been waiting since November.

I have been trying to tell hubby that I can't put the scabby old stuff in a new caravan - I;ve got to go and buy new sparkly stuff. Brian is not having a bar of it. Might have to cosy up to him tonight;) :p

I am really excited and I won't want to take it racing next week and park it in a wet muddy field:panic:

Minnie Minx
10-04-2008, 06:18 PM
ooo very nice, so it's your caravan for the christmas doo then :D

xxx

Monkey1
10-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Thats a good idea T!

Annie_T
10-04-2008, 06:42 PM
cool bet it gonna be lush

Banana
10-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Ohh how lovely!!

xx

sarah707
10-04-2008, 06:52 PM
What fun! I've never bought a caravan... have I missed out? :cool:

katickles
10-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Have fun! :)

Rubybubbles
10-04-2008, 06:56 PM
okay!! my caravan looks good but it's far from new!!

fionamal
10-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Id love a new caravan too but I dont think the bank manager would agree:panic:

Twinkles
10-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Thats great, enjoy. After the week you've had I think you deserve to go and splash out on some new stuff. Doesn't your hubby know about retail therary ???

Lou
10-04-2008, 07:18 PM
I agree you definatly deseve a bit of retail therepy hunny xx

LittleMissSparkles
10-04-2008, 07:20 PM
we need to see pictures xxxxx I'd love a motorhome like Pauline has, dont think i'd be very good towing a caravan somehow xxx

Blaze
10-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Id love a new caravan too but I dont think the bank manager would agree:panic:

I'd love any form of caravan...think my bank manager woulf have a fit though!:D

Enjoy & agree retail therepy definately needed!

Blaze:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
10-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Thats great, enjoy. After the week you've had I think you deserve to go and splash out on some new stuff. Doesn't your hubby know about retail therary ???

haha that is ironical you say that I have just finished a conversation with Brian about a message on the answermachine today

Land of Leather rang and left a message saying your new suite it ready for delivery. I just thought it was a wrong phone call.

Anyway I have just been sitting here and my son said something about the sofa and it triggered the memory of the answermachine and just in jest I asked Brian if he had anything to tell me - he immediately look sheepish. Then he done the "what" business - I said Land of Leather ring any bells and BINGO I knew by the look on his face that yes he DID have something to tell me.
So after much wheedling - it transpires (with the aid of 10yr old son saying "oh yeah you went into Land of Leather the other week on the way to swimming",) that Brian just happened to see the tv ad and liked the look of a sofa, popped in to have a look and hey presto we now apparently have a new sofa on the way. Apparently it is an accident:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Retail therapy - I'll give him retail therapy

:laughing:

Pipsqueak
10-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Our ultimate aim is to have an motorhome (for racing) an RS. Brian keeps threatening to build one up himself (it will only ever be half finished;) :D )

This caravan is beautiful Elddis Crusader Superstorm. I am really excited.

We love our caravan (and it serves us well when we go racing too), we have had some great holidays in them. Throughly recommend caravanning - mind you it depends if you enjoy that sort of thing doesn't it.

Twinkles
10-04-2008, 08:25 PM
haha that is ironical you say that I have just finished a conversation with Brian about a message on the answermachine today

Land of Leather rang and left a message saying your new suite it ready for delivery. I just thought it was a wrong phone call.

Anyway I have just been sitting here and my son said something about the sofa and it triggered the memory of the answermachine and just in jest I asked Brian if he had anything to tell me - he immediately look sheepish. Then he done the "what" business - I said Land of Leather ring any bells and BINGO I knew by the look on his face that yes he DID have something to tell me.
So after much wheedling - it transpires (with the aid of 10yr old son saying "oh yeah you went into Land of Leather the other week on the way to swimming",) that Brian just happened to see the tv ad and liked the look of a sofa, popped in to have a look and hey presto we now apparently have a new sofa on the way. Apparently it is an accident:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Retail therapy - I'll give him retail therapy

:laughing:

This reminded me of a couple of years ago , I went away with friends for a weekend and when I got back DH had bought a new family car :eek:

'parrently he only went to look and got carried away !!

fionamal
10-04-2008, 08:58 PM
The Elldis Crusader Superstorm is a beautiful van.

Hope you have lots of happy hols in it.

Trouble
10-04-2008, 09:55 PM
how lovely

enjoy:clapping: :clapping:

Pipsqueak
10-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Thank you - tomorrow evening i shall be sitting out in the street just staring at it (daring anyone to come near it). I won't even allow the kids into it!!!!:laughing: I am going to savour the newness and it being clean and tidy.
How sad is that!

When we went to the Caravan show it was only for a looksee and we saw some wonderful vans - I fell in love with one but it was really out of our price range (£28.000 gulp) and this one came in at a close second and luckily we managed to get a fantastic trade in deal for our van.

Mollymop
10-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Sounds really great V!!! Wish i could have a caravan but daz says there is no way he is fitting a bar to the back of his precious cosworth:rolleyes:

Pipsqueak
10-04-2008, 10:05 PM
No Brian wouldn't to the Scooby (when we had one pre-3 children, oh that broke his heart giving up his scooby) but thankfully he had a tow bar on his work van and that pulls the caravan just fine. The only problem them is that we look like a travelling family (no offence meant) - we were turned away from a theme park once because we had white van and caravan!!!

angeldelight
10-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Sounds great

You could follow the naughty Pauline and see what she gets up to ......... I know Buttercup has never been the same since his visit and trip with Pauline

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
10-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Poor Buttercup..... I'll take him at some point Angel.

We took Barney Bear from school one half term - he returned to school with a diary full of events!