PDA

View Full Version : Busier During Holidays?

Noomie
26-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Just pondering really. Are you busier during holidays or do you get a break? Do you mind if parents keep their children at home rather than send them?

I offer all year round service (although just started) and obviously will take a break when needed. But I have children that just aren't coming in hols despite being charged for it.

I am only working 8 hours this week in the end as the only mum that was supposed to send their children has decided to keep them back 3 of the days this week.

I love the extra time off, especially as it is still paid for but wouldn't mind if I was still busy.

What is it like for most of you?

sarah707
26-10-2010, 08:57 PM
I have 2 days off this week and I'm working 3.

Most of my contracts are term time only and I could advertise and try to fill the holiday spaces but the local school has started a day club for £10 a day and I can't possibly get close to that... :eek:

So I decided to have a bit of a break instead and enjoy some time off.

I will offer some Christmas shopping cover in December and make up the money by doing that. I have a few families who used me last year who I hope will be back :D

Pipsqueak
26-10-2010, 09:49 PM
i am slower this week. I put in a weeks holiday about 3 months back for this half term. last month we realised that we weren't going to get away as planned - so I let the parents know. one lot had already booked their time off so no probs there, the others I have taken one day of this week - friday (don;t work thursday anyway)

babs
26-10-2010, 09:52 PM
im busier ive got all mine but do have few hours break tomorrow to see peter andreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:eek: :eek: :blush: :blush: :laughing: :D

hayleychildcare
27-10-2010, 06:04 AM
im much busier in the holidays.

I have all the mindeess that i just normally dropoff or collect from school ALL DAY :eek:

Im working 6 days this week as i also work Saturday mornings.

My busiest day this week is Thursday when i will have

1 x 1 year old boy
1 x 3 year old boy
1 x 4 year old boy
1 x 6 year old girl
2 x 9 year old girls
1 x 10 year old boy

I have my wine at the ready for 6.30 pm :thumbsup:

mushpea
27-10-2010, 06:14 AM
I am quieter in the holidays,, 4 of my mindees are term time only so normaly in the holidays i would have

mon 7mnth,3yrs,5yrs,6yrs
tue 2,3,5,6yrs
wed 2,3,5,6
thur 7mnth,2,3,5,6
fri 3,5,6
sat 7mnth

however this time the the 5 and 6yrold are on holiday and the 7mnth old starts next weeks so i've only had the 2and 3yrold all week and they finish at 1pm and 3pm so i've had a really quite week which has been lovley for my own 2.

Hebs
27-10-2010, 06:27 AM
i'm busier as i have 5 mindees of school age who i have during the day during holidays

but i dont mind as i prefer it when its busy :D

suzyblue
27-10-2010, 07:01 AM
I have all my under 5s but no schoolers - Its much calmer and I dont need to buy tonnes of food!

singlewiththree
27-10-2010, 07:16 AM
I decided to take the week off as I have 2x term time only children who weren't coming and my other ones all booked the week off so I booked it off too just to make sure they didn't change their mind and send them! and now I'm ill, sods law really but at least I can lie on the sofa and wallow in it with just my own 3 around.

little_gems
27-10-2010, 07:37 AM
well im normaly busier in the holidays but my 2 are down at grandparents for a few days, 2 are ill, another was sent home on monday ill so now just have 1 coming today (even though mum is at home) and she was late picking up yesterday!!!

The Juggler
27-10-2010, 07:50 AM
I was supposed to work 3 days but am now only working 2 and on one of those days only have 1 mindee instead of 3 - with a 0900 start! bliss

IndigoMoon
27-10-2010, 08:12 AM
My schoolchildren do not come in holidays so I am quieter.

bandlady
27-10-2010, 08:15 AM
I try and have a couple of days off each week during school holdiays. I am lucky in that most of my mindees are part time and have family that like to have children in holiday time. I let my parents know which days I will be working and arrange for children to come on those days, so it normally works out that I am really busy for three days (which I prefer) and then I can have a couple of days relaxing and chilling out either with my own daughter who at 15 doesn't need 'looking after' but it is nice to go shopping or cinema and do 'grown up' things or try and get away for a long weekend, which is what I will be doing tomorrow as we are off to Ireland to visit family.

Denise

rickysmiths
27-10-2010, 08:23 AM
I had Mon and Tues off but I have 4 today and 4 tomorrow. The under one is on holiday. Just having a quick coffee and a look on here while they tidy up a bit. Then we are making glittery ghosts etc.

Mollymop
27-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Last school year I was slow in the school hols only working 2.5 days a week which was bliss. This year I am working full days all week with between 2 and 4 kids plus 2 of my own, so very busy this school year. x

Lady Haha
28-10-2010, 07:10 AM
I am busier! I only have schoolies all year round and term time I have the days to myself, but they are obviously here all day in school hols!!! Been doing this for over three years now, but for some reason, this holiday has taken it right out of me! Last night I was exhausted and really could do without having to work today and tomorrow too:(

Interesting to see what others do though as I had been thinking about maybe not working hols at all now but not sure I could afford to lose all that money, so the fact that some of you just take a couple of days off during holiday weeks is interesting....:rolleyes: Trouble with me is all mine are partime, with most coming three days per week, but three different days, so choosing which days to take off so as not to cause too much inconvenience for the parents!

Soooooooooo very tempting though!!!

Also made me realise how hard the rest of you all work normally!!! I don't know how you do it!!!