PDA

View Full Version : Unpaid fees and MM

onceinabluemoon
26-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Hi, can somebody who's had to deal with MM to get back unpaid fees inbox me and walk me through their experience please? (or leave here if you're ok with that)

Thanks

sarah707
26-10-2010, 06:29 PM
I was owed just over £100 when I added late fees.

I rang the MM office and was told to ring a guy with a plum in his mouth in Bristol I think it was.

he told me to put copies of any letters sent to the family about the debt, outstanding invoices and contracts in an envelope with a covering letter - he told me what to write.

About a week later I got a letter from them saying it wasn't worth them pursuing it through the courts and asking would I be happy with a cheque for the full amount.

I said yes and I duly banked the cheque.

It was all over within about 3 weeks and I breathed a huge sigh of relief because I would never again have to deal with the parent involved. :D

loobyloo168
26-10-2010, 08:16 PM
I was owed just over £100 when I added late fees.

I rang the MM office and was told to ring a guy with a plum in his mouth in Bristol I think it was.

he told me to put copies of any letters sent to the family about the debt, outstanding invoices and contracts in an envelope with a covering letter - he told me what to write.

About a week later I got a letter from them saying it wasn't worth them pursuing it through the courts and asking would I be happy with a cheque for the full amount.

I said yes and I duly banked the cheque.

It was all over within about 3 weeks and I breathed a huge sigh of relief because I would never again have to deal with the parent involved. :D

Does it have to be over a certain amount Sarah ? And do you have to end the contract first ? x

Blaze
26-10-2010, 08:18 PM
It has to be over £100....though not sure if that is with or without late fees...probably without!

devoncm
26-10-2010, 08:26 PM
I was owed £500 by one parent, MM told me to write letter-they said what to put and give parent a week, gave a week, rang again, told to send letter so again sent letter, parent started paying £20 a month!!! ive had to keep reminding her to pay and last month was late again, rang MM again they suggested another letter, I said no point as obviously they arnt working and the lady agreed and said would get a dispute thing started and would prob lead to court, this was about 2 weeks ago and ive still yet to hear anything from them

sarah707
26-10-2010, 08:34 PM
It has to be over £100....though not sure if that is with or without late fees...probably without!

Mine was about £105 including 2 months worth of late fees.

It was for a part time after schooler and I think the parent just decided he was leaving anyway (for high school) so why bother paying me.

I was very relieved when it was all dealt with so promptly I remember posting about it on here at the time. :D

Blaze
26-10-2010, 08:59 PM
That's good:thumbsup:

teacake2
27-10-2010, 12:46 PM
I was owed £240 just before christmas last year, parent had gone on maternity leave and said would pay me when started back to work 5 months later!!! Sent them several reminders but nothing, contact MM who said I had done the right thing trying to contact the parents, and as I had already done that they said they would pay me straight away and settle the claim themselves. So within 1 week of contacting them I had the cheque.
Teacake2