PDA

View Full Version : giving up childminding advice please

terrydoo73
26-10-2010, 03:09 PM
I have been offered a position as Leader of a new Playgroup opening in my area and have a interview tomorrow with my local Early Years Team with the Health Board my childminding registration is with tomorrow. This is to go through the preliminaries of my new job but they will know I am coming from childminding to this playgroup setting. Thing is - do I write a letter to say I am no longer going to be childminding or just keep registered in case things don't work out?

Also I have a playroom full of toys now and don't know what to do with them. They include 3 really good Britax car seats, 3 cots etc so wouldn't like to just give them away. Any suggestions?

Pixie dust
26-10-2010, 03:18 PM
You can always put everything up for sale.

Mookins
26-10-2010, 03:18 PM
im sure you can stay registered but just tell OFSTED you dont currently have any mindees

sell the items on here or ebay, local cheap cycle etc

best of luck for your interview tomorrow hun sounds very exciting:clapping:

xxxx

Blaze
26-10-2010, 03:19 PM
I would keep your registration going as a back up. Could you rent a storage place for your CM bits as a temporary solution?:)

Penny1959
26-10-2010, 03:39 PM
As someone who de registered and sold everything - then regretted it and now re registered and spent a fortune buying things again. I would say stay registered and if can hang on to toys and equipment - maybe you have some childminding friends who would store stuff in return for use of as and when needed it - just until sure new job is right for you.

Good luck with interview

Penny :)

Mazz
26-10-2010, 04:02 PM
if you've got the space, i'd say hang on, give your new job a chance, good luck for tomorrow!

Ripeberry
26-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Keep your registration and store everything in the attic :thumbsup: Don't want to go burning your bridges too quickly. Good luck with your new job :)

izzy
26-10-2010, 04:39 PM
hi, you can keep your registration open for up to three years and in some cases longer, i have had a long break due to personal circumstances. it saves re registering if you decide to go back to it if the job does not work out. Ofsted have been really helpful to me and they ring intermitently to see if you have mindees on your books.
good luck with the interview, i hope it goes well for you.
best wishes
izzy x

melanieabigail2004
26-10-2010, 04:42 PM
I have left childminding twice - had to re-register the first time which is a nightmare Stay registered as a back up plan - just let Ofsted know you have not got any mindees.

Good luck !

miffy
26-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Keep your registration and your stuff - at least for the time being.

Good luck with the new job

Miffy xx

The Juggler
27-10-2010, 12:37 PM
I have been offered a position as Leader of a new Playgroup opening in my area and have a interview tomorrow with my local Early Years Team with the Health Board my childminding registration is with tomorrow. This is to go through the preliminaries of my new job but they will know I am coming from childminding to this playgroup setting. Thing is - do I write a letter to say I am no longer going to be childminding or just keep registered in case things don't work out?

Also I have a playroom full of toys now and don't know what to do with them. They include 3 really good Britax car seats, 3 cots etc so wouldn't like to just give them away. Any suggestions?

why not store them with the playgroup stuff for now = maybe see if you can sell them on to your playgroup or sell them on e-bay hon.

Playmate
27-10-2010, 02:11 PM
As someone who de registered and sold everything - then regretted it and now re registered and spent a fortune buying things again. I would say stay registered and if can hang on to toys and equipment - maybe you have some childminding friends who would store stuff in return for use of as and when needed it - just until sure new job is right for you.

Good luck with interview

Penny :)

here her, definately hang on to youy stuff :D

newandlearning
27-10-2010, 03:25 PM
hi .. and congratulations on your new job!

personally I would keep everything as well... It took me a good 3 years a loads of money to get a good resource base and by the sounds of it you've spent quite a bit too..

I would keep everything... and rather store it somewhere.. give it out on loan to local childminders you are friends with .. something like that.

I think going from self employed to employed can be a bit of a jump and this way you leave your options open.. ;)