PDA

View Full Version : A teeny weeny little question...

sp1
26-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Hi all, hope your half terms are going well.

I have just a little question... While LO (3 in Dec) was playing with kitchen, we were pretending to eat and cook the food etc. She told me not to go near the cooker when she was cooking as it was very hot and dangerous.

Can't seem to find how I can link this up in the EYFS and I think it is quite important to put it somewhere.

Thankyou in advance for any help anyone can give me :thumbsup:

Pixie dust
26-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Can you link it to PSE somewhere or creative development has developing imagination and imaginative play she is imitating what she has seen you do. Hope that helps

Pixie dust

Mookins
26-10-2010, 03:23 PM
wow what a clever little one

would def link to
CD
being creative and responding
PD
health and bodily awareness
KUW
exploaration and investigation
PSED
self care

hth

xx

christine e
26-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Creative Dev - Dev imagination and imaginative play - 30 - 50 months - Engage in imaginative play and role play based on own first hand experiences

PSE DEV -self confidence and self esteem - 22 - 36 months - begin to recognise danger and know who to turn to for help

KUW - exploraion and investigation - 30 - 50 mpnths - show understanding of cause effect

and possible

Physical Dev - Using equip and materials 30 - 50 months - understand that equipt and tools have to be used safely

sp1
27-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Thankyou everyone :thumbsup:

Andrea08
27-10-2010, 08:52 AM
it would link in with all 6 areas dont forget PSRN as LO mentioned heat "Hot"
PSED in the fact she understands danger in self care

sometimes linking up obs is to areas of L&D and ages etc is difficult and a fresh pair of eyes can help i often ask my cm m8s as a fresh look at things.

shame realy as some obs will never be seen again by any1 else but you, unless your lucky and other settings and parents are interested.

keep up the good work x