PDA

View Full Version : just too quiet! advice please x

selena 31
26-10-2010, 02:08 PM
just wounderd if any body had any advice with regards to getting more business?

I have advertised every where and so far only have 1 mindee 2 dys week.:(
I really wanted to make a go of it but no phone calls are coming through.
I dont need to earn a fortune but i work 2 days in preschool and carnt give up till have more money coming in!
I have posted this before its good to have some where to grumble were people understand!
I have been offered more days at work and it looks like i may have to except but i have been putting off as wanted to build childminding up! Was so looking forward to this venture as all my children at school now and completed my level 4 so i know i have a lot to give to young children :thumbsup:
Any advice as to what to try next would be much appreciated i have signed up to childcare.co.uk have a website etc

teacake2
26-10-2010, 02:17 PM
I have just taken a full-timer on, it took me over a year to fill this space and this one only came to me because parent was unhappy with the other setting child was at.
So don't give up it will come in time.
Teacake2

Mookins
26-10-2010, 02:19 PM
quite a few of us around the country are having this exact problem...just a waiting game unfortunatly
i have 1 mindee 20hrs a week now reducing to 15:eek:

not good but nothing else
hang in there hun

xxx

loobyloo168
26-10-2010, 02:22 PM
I was quiet for my first 2 years !

Has only just picked up but only because i cover someones awful shifts and dont know if im coming or going form one day to the next !

I also have a child term time only 2 days a week, an after schooler 3 days a week and twice a week i work from 6pm to 9pm to cover someones night classes !

There will always be peaks and troughs in our work, if i was offered some permanent work elsewhere id snap it up !

Mazz
26-10-2010, 02:23 PM
same here, took me AGES to get my first full timer, and struck lucky when his mum got pregnant now I have them both!! So for a year or so alls been good, now eldest goes to school next year and youngest will be at playgroup in mornings!! My phone hardly EVER rings !I hate relying on one family for my income.

SamBaker
26-10-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm in the same boat, have got 4 to start in January, but apart from that no enquiries at all for this year, (I was registered in July) Could really do with something before Christmas lol!
I have advertised every where newsagents, post offices schools etc.

Good luck I hope it picks up for every one soon. :D

Katiekoo
26-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Well I just looked at your website and it's lovely - so that's got to be a help!
Have you listed yourself a business on Google? It's free - you must be happy to have your address 'flagged' though.
I have heard it is slow at the moment :ohdear: but it sounds like you are doing everything right.
It will happen :)

selena 31
26-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Thanks for taking the time to reply its tough going isnt it! I hope santa brings us some look for the new year unfortunatly we have a montessori now and parents think they are getting so much more educated up there !
I could just do with some income for crimbo so 3 little children of mine dont think santa forgot them!lol!:(

Adiamond
26-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Hi, I registered in May 2009 and didn't get any calls or anything until the August, lo started 8-1 mon- fri and that was all I had until May this year when I signed up a baby full time, then about 3 weeks ago my phone went crazy and as of next week I am full and pretty much all part timers the only vacancy I will have will be a tuesday after 1pm :clapping: :clapping:

I know how frustrating it is , I used to chase every potential parent, I advertised everywhere and to be honest spent quite a bit of money doing so
:( but I think after a period of time people start to know who you are and remember they had seen your advert then hopefully the calls will start flooding in :D

Just hang on in there!!!!!! x x x

ChocolateChip
26-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Could you do a bit of babysitting or offer 'Christmas shopping' sessions in the run up? Might bring in a bit of cash and get your name out and about a bit .

IndigoMoon
27-10-2010, 08:04 AM
I asked my local primary school if they would send home leaflets with their children. They agreed and I had to print out 300+ leaflets. I did get one child form it so it paid for itself and got my name out there too. HTH x