PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

bexcee
26-10-2010, 12:22 PM
As from next week I am down to one little one two days a week so need to advertise more.

I have just had some postcards printed and am going to send them to all the schools in the area (just counted there are 20!) and ask them to put them on the staff notice boards. I can't do any other school pick ups due to my own children needing collecting so am just targeting the staff.

Do you think I should do a covering letter with the postcard and if so what should I say?

Happy Bunny
26-10-2010, 01:20 PM
As from next week I am down to one little one two days a week so need to advertise more.

I have just had some postcards printed and am going to send them to all the schools in the area (just counted there are 20!) and ask them to put them on the staff notice boards. I can't do any other school pick ups due to my own children needing collecting so am just targeting the staff.

Do you think I should do a covering letter with the postcard and if so what should I say?

Does your children's school give your details out to parents.
Ours holds a list of all the childminders that pick up from the school and if a parent requires childcare the list is given to them. Might be worth enquiring at your school.
If not local doctors surgeries, preschools, big businesses in area.

bexcee
26-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks for your reply. No the school won't do that due to a problem with one of the childminders who used to advertise on the notices board having a serious complaint made against him and he was suspended. School felt it reflected badly on them for allowing him to advertise so now no childminders are allowed to advertise there. I am targeting the teachers now in my children's school and surrounding areas.

Not allowed to advertise in the docts, dentist or health clinic either :rolleyes:

kentcfis
26-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Contact your local FIS - 0800 2346 346

ask them about the recent demand in your area - how many calls etc.
ask them how many times your details have been given out.
make sure your details are up-to-date - 'sell yourself'.

good luck !