PDA

View Full Version : An appeal to anyone who has recently had a variation granted.

button68
10-04-2008, 05:14 PM
I want to ask for a variation but have only been minding 3 months so want to word it just right :o .

Is anyone who asked for one recently willing to share thier begging letter with me?? and/or give me some pointers?

I am after a variation for half an hour 2 days a week. I pick up from pre-school at 11.45 and toddler R will be collected at 12.15

I don't have to worry about school holidays as the children I collect from pre-school are term-time only.

Monkey1
10-04-2008, 05:17 PM
You need to add continuity of care in the letter babe and working in partnership with parents etc! Good luck x

button68
10-04-2008, 05:25 PM
You need to add continuity of care in the letter babe and working in partnership with parents etc! Good luck x

Right continuity of care. Well toddler R does full days with me Monday and Thursday and goes to Nana on Tuesday and Wednesday - Nana is ill so parents have asked if I can do 9am- 12pm on these two days (I am going to ask for variation until 12.15 to ensure I'm covered if parents are late - although they never have been)

I wasn't going to mention the sick Nana, do you think this constitutes continuity of care?

Monkey1
10-04-2008, 05:45 PM
I cant see them turning that one down at all! :D

Kelly
10-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Mandy,

I think you have to mention Nan's illness, as this is main reason you need the variation, you will find it difficult if you do not mention, as they do not always give a variation for a simple time crossover.

I think you will be alright if you give all the details.

Kelly

Rubybubbles
10-04-2008, 07:15 PM
If you PM me your email I have one from when I got this same time scale before:D

button68
17-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Right, I faxed my letter for this variation last Friday (11th April) do you think it's too early to phone and ask if they have had chance to consider it?

When parents dropped R this morning they asked if they were OK for next tuesday and wednesday :eek:

sarah707
17-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Right, I faxed my letter for this variation last Friday (11th April) do you think it's too early to phone and ask if they have had chance to consider it?

When parents dropped R this morning they asked if they were OK for next tuesday and wednesday :eek:

I think you need to ring them! Sooner rather than later... they might have decided but the letter takes longer...! :eek:

Rubybubbles
17-04-2008, 01:00 PM

I would phone them too:thumbsup:

custardcream
17-04-2008, 01:28 PM
I applied to have my variation changed a few weeks ago. Ofsted were really really quick to respond. I posted it on the saturday and on the thursday they phoned me to say that it wouldnt be a problem. couldnt believe they could work so fast.
So if I were you I would definetly chase it up

button68
17-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Can you :censored: :censored: :censored: believe it!!! They say they never received the fax :angry:

I have the receipt the labrary give you when they send a fax for you and everything but nope :censored: ing Ofsted have nothing!!!! I tell you they couldn't orgainise a 'you know what' in a 'you know where'! :angry:

I have just had to cart all the kids off to the reference library and send it again costing me another £3 :mad:

Shall I give them an hour and phone to see if they have it? Surely that defeats the object of the fax!!!

mum2two
17-04-2008, 02:14 PM
I emailed mine. I've scanned my signature onto the computer, (as they can't do anything if it hasn't got your sig!), and I write the e-mail & attach the sig at the bottom.

Saying that though, when I called yesterday, they said mine had been delayed as the email had gone missing between the call centre & the inspection team, so had to be sent again. :angry: Like you said - useless!

I just said I'd had an enquiry & held them off for a couple of weeks, but they wanted to come and visit. (They'd had my request about a month...)

The inspector called me back, and agreed it that day. Let them know it's urgent. They can be helpful... sometimes :laughing:

Kelly x