PDA

View Full Version : Waking mindees?

snufflepuff
26-10-2010, 10:08 AM
DS and I usually to go to a toddler group on a Tues. Mindee now comes on a Tues and I was still planning on going, I'm sure she would love it. BUT we usually leave at about 11.45 and she is almost always asleep at that time. DS is sometimes too but I usually pop him in the buggy or car an he can carry on sleeping if he wants to. But i'm not sure I can do this with a mindee. I'd feel a bit mean waking her, plus i reckon she would be really grumpy. I'm not sure what to do! I don't want DS to miss out on the group.

Fabby
26-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Still do as planned and if mindee is awake then great stuff, if not then dont worry and just let mindee sleep. Thats what i would do

candy cat
26-10-2010, 10:44 AM
I tell parents that mindees sleep in travel cot or pushchair if out and about as you can't stick totally to each mindees routine or i would never go out:)

PixiePetal
26-10-2010, 10:50 AM
If mindee was due for a sleep before I left home, I would put them to sleep in buggy and go when it's time - then they can play when they wake.

Parents are aware that sleeps may be 'on the move' :)

snufflepuff
26-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Well, she usually sleeps in the buggy anyway which would be fine as I can just pop DS in with her and go....but it's a 30 minute walk and as it's tipping it down today i'd have taken the car. So I have decided to give it a miss for today. Both are still fast asleep....I think if someone woke me up and took me out the the rain/ cold i'd be really grumpy, and toddler group would be a nightmare with two grumpy one year olds!