PDA

View Full Version : CHILDREN ARRIVING LATE IN THE HOLIDAYS

angeldelight
26-10-2010, 07:13 AM
Why is it that they always arrive late during school holidays ?

Should we mind , after all it gives us some extra time

But why do they not tell us they are going to be late ?

Mine have sometimes been an hour late despite saying they will arrive on time

Its not much fun getting up extra early for someone who is due to arrive at 7 and then they do not turn up till something like 8.15 because they relaxed and had a lie in :rolleyes:

What about us sitting here waiting

Do you have the same problem sometimes ?

Angel xx

PixiePetal
26-10-2010, 07:16 AM
I know what you mean - still waiting for my 8 o clock arrival :rolleyes: Prob means dad is dropping off today at a rough guess!

Been out and got fab photos of sunrise though - might post them later, it was magical :thumbsup:

Mazz
26-10-2010, 07:22 AM
snap,am sat here waiting for an 8 oclock starter!

angeldelight
26-10-2010, 07:23 AM
I know what you mean - still waiting for my 8 o clock arrival :rolleyes: Prob means dad is dropping off today at a rough guess!

Been out and got fab photos of sunrise though - might post them later, it was magical :thumbsup:

Look forward to seeing the pics

xxx

PixiePetal
26-10-2010, 07:24 AM
Just arrived! bye :laughing:

mama2three
26-10-2010, 07:24 AM
I dont really mind , though a quick text would be polite! I think in the hols the kids probably stay up a bit later - and everything seems more relaxed somehow. Even the roads are quieter so parents who commute can leave a little later. If I need to be somewhere I make sure the parents know to be on time or meet us there.

Having said all that my 7am mindee was 15 minutes early this morning!

angeldelight
26-10-2010, 07:30 AM
I dont really mind , though a quick text would be polite! I think in the hols the kids probably stay up a bit later - and everything seems more relaxed somehow. Even the roads are quieter so parents who commute can leave a little later. If I need to be somewhere I make sure the parents know to be on time or meet us there.

Having said all that my 7am mindee was 15 minutes early this morning!

I dont mind

Just wish I knew so I could get on with other things if you know what I mean

xxx

LisaMcNally09
26-10-2010, 07:32 AM
Im still waiting for my 8 o clock starters. Although i did get a text at 7:45 to say they would be late. Would have appreciated it last night though so I could have stayed in bed longer:D

sarah32
26-10-2010, 07:37 AM
Must be a day for it then, my mindee is late as well and always on time.

Although i know mum is off this week but said still sending him.:(

angeldelight
26-10-2010, 07:39 AM
Must be a day for it then, my mindee is late as well and always on time.

Although i know mum is off this week but said still sending him.:(

I have one like that :laughing:

Angel xx

Pixie dust
26-10-2010, 07:48 AM
The mum of the family I look after Thurs and Fri has already told me have a lie in this week she won't drop them to me until 10 ish :clapping: so I will get up and use the time to catch up with paperwork etc.

Mouse
26-10-2010, 07:50 AM
I always expect mine to be late in the hols & have often been caught out by them arriving on time :laughing:

If we're going out at a specific time I'll tell them to be here by a certain time, but other than that I just enjoy the extra free time.

angeldelight
26-10-2010, 07:51 AM
The mum of the family I look after Thurs and Fri has already told me have a lie in this week she won't drop them to me until 10 ish :clapping: so I will get up and use the time to catch up with paperwork etc.

Now that is good

Why cant they all do that

My one parent has just got up :eek: said she knew last night she was coming late - so why did she not tell me last night ? :rolleyes:

xxx

fionamal
Mine are always running late even when its not school holidays, ive got to the stage now where I leave for school run with my own kids whither they have turned up or not and its up to them to meet me somewhere.

This morning the 3 kids were only 45mins late so thats not too bad I suppose

shelly2012
I think everyone a bit more relaxed in the hols but a wee txt wld be nice x I do love the not rushing about in the holidays

Beetlejuice
26-10-2010, 07:55 AM
It annoys me :blush: If I'm going to be getting up early during the holidays I expect them to be on time or let me know the night before that they won't be here til late. During the snow I had a mare with one of my parents who would decide to stay home and have a lie in or not show up at all and not bother to call so I'd be up for a 7.30 start for him to decide to come either around 9am or I would be calling to chase him to be told they had decided to stay in bed :angry:

Yes it means I got paid for nothing but I would prefer the extra sleep lol!:D

little_gems
26-10-2010, 07:56 AM
well i dont know if ones coming today. My children are at grandparents so im just sat here waiting to either get a text to say she's not bringing him or for them just to turn up but it would be so nice if i could know what im doing.

minkzebell
26-10-2010, 08:01 AM
I had to contact a parent to ask where they were when it snowed last year, apparently she thought I would know she wasn't going to work:angry: I wonder what would happen if I made that assumption and just didn't get up "as it had snowed":rolleyes:

angeldelight
26-10-2010, 08:01 AM
I had to contact a parent to ask where they were when it snowed last year, apparently she thought I would know she wasn't going to work:angry: I wonder what would happen if I made that assumption and just didn't get up "as it had snowed":rolleyes:

Funny :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

Chatterbox Childcare
26-10-2010, 08:03 AM
I don't mind if I get a phone call the night before and I have a lie in. My 9.30 arrival today emailed, text and called the home phone at 10.50pm - hubby not amused!

3 already cancelled today and one not bothered at all.

little_gems
26-10-2010, 08:03 AM
well mum has just text (even though they should be here at 9.00) to say he has no signs of HFM so will be bringing him, even though she's at home with the older one that i sent home yesterday!!!! lets hope i dont catch it.

manjay
26-10-2010, 08:23 AM
I don't really have late arrivals but I could have had a lie in this morning:rolleyes: I knew 2 weren't coming today as Mum let me know last night. So I was up and ready for 1 child only to get a text at 8:10 saying not here all week. I know the lo will have gone to grannies for the week so they would have known last night.

Never mind at least it is a paid day off which I can spend with my own children.

charleyfarley
26-10-2010, 10:20 AM
It must be the day for it.

First one due 7.45 turned up at 8.40 :rolleyes: Did say to mom that I didn't think they were coming :D

Second one due at 9.30 - 9.45 turned up 10.15, told this mom that I'll collect him tomorrow as we are going out.

I just hate the waiting around, mind you while waiting for the first one to arrive I did clean the kitchen :thumbsup:

They are busy now playing shops, lo aged 3 has just told my dd to get the debit card so they can pay :laughing:

Carol xx

angeldelight
26-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Mine should have got here at 8am

Text to say they would be late and arriving at 9am

Turned up at 11.25

:eek: :eek:

Angel xx

charleyfarley
26-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Mine should have got here at 8am

Text to say they would be late and arriving at 9am

Turned up at 11.25

:eek: :eek:

Angel xx

Must be a record :laughing: Hope they are on time tomorrow for you :thumbsup:

Carol xx

angeldelight
27-10-2010, 06:50 AM
Must be a record :laughing: Hope they are on time tomorrow for you :thumbsup:

Carol xx

Havent heard from them yet so fingers crossed

Angel xx

charleyfarley
27-10-2010, 06:53 AM
One of mine are late already :laughing:

Carol xx

angeldelight
27-10-2010, 06:56 AM
One of mine are late already :laughing:

Carol xx

I really do not mind them being late but when you are expecting them its a bit of a pain, yesterday we had to hold off some of the craft activities because of having to answer the door to them and I knew they would keep me talking and they did - so did not want glue everywhere etc

If only parents would think lets hope if they are going to arrive so late today that they actually tell me this and the aprox time

Angel xx

charleyfarley
27-10-2010, 07:06 AM
I really do not mind them being late but when you are expecting them its a bit of a pain, yesterday we had to hold off some of the craft activities because of having to answer the door to them and I knew they would keep me talking and they did - so did not want glue everywhere etc

If only parents would think lets hope if they are going to arrive so late today that they actually tell me this and the aprox time

Angel xx

That's my sentiments too. Mine said yesterday that she thought 7.45 drop off was being a bit ambitious :rolleyes: I just hope his not as late today as we are going out.

Finges crossed they aren't too late for you :thumbsup:

Carol xx

cherry
27-10-2010, 07:15 AM
Still waiting for my 7.00am drop off :rolleyes:

angeldelight
27-10-2010, 07:16 AM
That's my sentiments too. Mine said yesterday that she thought 7.45 drop off was being a bit ambitious :rolleyes: I just hope his not as late today as we are going out.

Finges crossed they aren't too late for you :thumbsup:

Carol xx

You still waiting Carol ?

Mine are late so I have text and no reply :eek:

Not sure what that means ha ha

Angel xx

angeldelight
27-10-2010, 07:16 AM
Still waiting for my 7.00am drop off :rolleyes:

Oh no :eek:

You could have had a lie in

Angel xx

Chimps Childminding
27-10-2010, 07:39 AM
Waiting for my 8 o'clock - only one today as well :angry: trouble is I said I would take ds to work as he is having problems with his moped - now don't know what to do as I need to pick him up in next 5 mins - wish people would give us a little more thought!!

June had the same yesterday 8.30 mindee arrived at 9.45 (mum had text but it never arrived) but then he is due to be collected at 2.30 and mum arrives at 3.40 - the seem to think that just because the decide to drop off late, they can pic up late - well we wouldn't have anything else to do would we??

angeldelight
27-10-2010, 07:44 AM
Waiting for my 8 o'clock - only one today as well :angry: trouble is I said I would take ds to work as he is having problems with his moped - now don't know what to do as I need to pick him up in next 5 mins - wish people would give us a little more thought!!

June had the same yesterday 8.30 mindee arrived at 9.45 (mum had text but it never arrived) but then he is due to be collected at 2.30 and mum arrives at 3.40 - the seem to think that just because the decide to drop off late, they can pic up late - well we wouldn't have anything else to do would we??

I would take your son Carolyn

I am still waiting ha ha

Angel xx

mushpea
27-10-2010, 08:51 AM
I dont mind them being late although ususaly they are not, if we are going out somwhere then i let parents know the day before and if they arent here on time we go and they have to find us as i refuse to make the rest of the kids wait for one late child.

Chimps Childminding
27-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Luckily she arrived as I finished posting, and ds was only 5 mins late for work but I hate having to rush and it would be all the same if I had had to do school run which I normally would on a Weds!!! Some people think we only have their lo's to think about!