PDA

View Full Version : Have been paid but not hmmmm

Adiamond
25-10-2010, 06:05 PM
My fees policy says that payment is to be made on the first minding day of the week for the following week or the last minding day of the month for the following month.

One of my mindees is here Monday, Thursday and Friday so payment is due on a Monday :)

All been fine up until today!!!!! she pays me by cheque which is fine as it is the same bank as mine so clears within a couple of hours :) I didn't notice at first but the cheque she gave me today isn't from her it is from her father and isn't the usual bank it's a building society :( so I am going to have to wait at least 3 days for it to clear not sure if these take longer than normal...

So in theory she will have paid me late!!!!

what would you do? would you have a word saying that if it isn't a cheque from her then I will need cash on a Monday?
x x x

Chatterbox Childcare
25-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Does this affect your financially if it takes an extra 2 days? If so I would explain to her and if not see if it is a 1 off.

is it worth the bad feeling that it may cause?

Pipsqueak
25-10-2010, 06:14 PM
i suppose to her she has paid you on time - unless you have stated somewhere that cheques need to be cleared in your bank account in time for the specified day - so its 'not late' iyswim.

miffy
25-10-2010, 07:24 PM
I really don't think she will think there is any difference between her giving you a cheque or her father giving you a cheque today.

Unless you need the money urgently I wouldn't say anything as it might cause ill feeling

Miffy xx

gigglinggoblin
25-10-2010, 07:27 PM
I didnt even know that cheques could clear in a few hours. If its a problem then mention it to her, I suspect she will not have realised

Toothfairy
25-10-2010, 08:01 PM
In my payment policy I state that the date given for 'fees due' is for cleared funds and if they are paying by cheque then they need to give it to me 5 working days beforehand (My building society Abbey/Santander now take 5 working days to clear a cheque!!!).

I also state that if a cheque is given in late or if it bounces then I will charge £5 per day from the 'fees due' date until the fees are paid in full. If a cheque bounces I also then request that any further payments be cash or bank transfer only.

I got caught out a couple of times when I first started minding so now I am quite strict about it.