PDA

View Full Version : Am I mad to consider extra training?

Hayley102
25-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Sometimes I feel like I am chasing my tail and getting nowhere fast - working full time with all the paperwork and keeping house for my family and being mum to 2 primary aged children with their extra curricular demands. Yet I am always browsing the internet for courses. When do I think I'll have time to complete them? But I do enjoy studying. So .... Am I mad to browse the Open University and other online courses?

FussyElmo
25-10-2010, 03:02 PM
No not all :thumbsup:

sarah707
25-10-2010, 03:14 PM
If you want something done... ask a busy person :D

Mollymop
25-10-2010, 04:01 PM
You are mad! I wish I could be more like you! I just have so much to do and I like to have a lazy evening with my family and a good book so it doesn't appeal to me. But if you like it - go for it!:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
25-10-2010, 04:03 PM
I think it helps to be slightly mad and see nothing wrong in it all!:D

oneofeach
25-10-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm really enjoying doing my NVQ3 but it does take up lots of time.

mama2three
25-10-2010, 04:51 PM
I was so excited when I got my place on the foundation degree - but then reality stepped in and I realised there was no way I could add anything else into the mix just now. My home , marriage , family and work all suffer already at different times as there are simply not enough hours in the day - so I reluctantly cancelled my place. I have mixed feelings , wishing Id gone for it but knowing it was the best for me for now. One day though!

The Juggler
29-10-2010, 06:56 AM
funnily enough since I stopped studying I cope less well with all my paperwork (household and CM). Maybe I do better when I have to be a headless chicken or maybe I just ignored it all when I was studying - i can't remember:laughing: :laughing:

IndigoMoon
29-10-2010, 07:02 AM
No, you're not mad, a little crazy perhaps but not totally mad - yet. :)

I did a 3 year full time degree working part time and as a single mum to 5 dependent children so anything is possible. Just take care to think about anything before you commit and make sure you can actually out the time in.

x