PDA

View Full Version : Outings log?

buzzy bee
25-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Do you keep a log of all your outings? As in trips to park, shops, school run etc?

Mollymop
25-10-2010, 02:42 PM
You do not need to keep a log of everywhere you have been during the day, it is not a requirement. But I would suggest that you do note down where you have been in the child's diary then you have evidence o f what you have done during the day if the need ever a rises. Also it's nice for the parents to know where the child has been during the day, if you are like me you forget to mention somethings at collection time.

You do need to risk assess everywhere you go with the child and keep your risk assessment for ofsted to see when they visit.

sarah707
25-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Yes I keep a record of everywhere we go every day, in my own personal diary.

I find it helpful to remember where I took children in holidays etc and who has been to which park when... I have lots of part timers.

Hth :D

em29
25-10-2010, 03:40 PM
I have some risk assessments for major places etc but am not sure how to do specific risk assessments - or rather what to put!! Parks, shop at end of road, toddler group in village, toddler group in town.....do they not all have the same thing?

I know they are requirements and I started on them last night but am unsure of what it is supposed to 'look' like if that makes sense..