PDA

View Full Version : First Possible Mindee coming to visit

handeme
25-10-2010, 10:02 AM
Hi Everyone,

I am just going through the registration process and I have my first mindee coming to visit.

How do you all plan the visits out??

c x

BlondeMoment
25-10-2010, 10:16 AM
How exciting!!!!
I usually have a little booklet I've made with a general portfolio on me and how I roll etc. I include a general plan of my routine and list things we get up to etc.

So I tend to go through that with them letting them ask any questions on the way, then after I ask all about the parent's needs and lots of questions about the child. By then you're usually having a lovely chat thats flowing nicely. Let them take the booklet home and then tell them to have a think and get back to you.

You'll find it all turns into a nice chat and it's not hard at all.

Best of luck!!!!

Newbie1!
25-10-2010, 04:26 PM
How exciting!!!!
I usually have a little booklet I've made with a general portfolio on me and how I roll etc. I include a general plan of my routine and list things we get up to etc.

So I tend to go through that with them letting them ask any questions on the way, then after I ask all about the parent's needs and lots of questions about the child. By then you're usually having a lovely chat thats flowing nicely. Let them take the booklet home and then tell them to have a think and get back to you.

You'll find it all turns into a nice chat and it's not hard at all.

Best of luck!!!!

Can i just ask a quite question about your booklet sweetie?? Is it sort of a leaflet style thing and if so have you devised it yourself or got a template etc? I was thinking of doing a three fold leaflet but its turning out harder than I thought!!! :blush: :blush:

Mookins
25-10-2010, 04:39 PM
i have a plastic folder with an all about me and family page, basic details of fees etc holidays ive already booked
basic details about EYFS
and a little leaflet about how important reading is with your children and a purse size leaflet on the signs to look out for with Menangitis

i have a basic chat with them letting them ask all the questions whilst i play with the children the wallet they cant take away with them
xxx

handeme
25-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Thank you.

I have put together a little pack like you have mentioned and I have popeed in a copy of my policies and the parental permissions I have had to sign.

The only thing I have not done is a routine but I was planning on talking them through that.

Fingers crossed !!
c x

BlondeMoment
01-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Best of luck! Let us know how it goes!

handeme
03-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Sorry been so busy forgot to post back how everything went.

It went really well, infact she is coming back tomorrow.

The visit was for her eldest, but she is bringing her 1 year old tomorrow because she is not happy with the care he is getting ow and wants to move him to me !!

I am not registered yet but she was hoping to start him with me for 1 day a week from next week, am I right in thinking I can do it as long as I receive no benefit?

I am in my final stages just waiting for Mrs O.

c x

BlondeMoment
04-11-2010, 11:28 AM
I don't think you can. You need to be properly registered and have insurance in place before you can actually start minding.

NicoleW
04-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Sorry been so busy forgot to post back how everything went.

It went really well, infact she is coming back tomorrow.

The visit was for her eldest, but she is bringing her 1 year old tomorrow because she is not happy with the care he is getting ow and wants to move him to me !!

I am not registered yet but she was hoping to start him with me for 1 day a week from next week, am I right in thinking I can do it as long as I receive no benefit?

I am in my final stages just waiting for Mrs O.

c x

No you can't until you are registered. Also, have you declaredy ourself self-employed yet to the tax people?
You're not allowed to advertise your childcare service if you haven't registered yourself as self-employed. That even includes dropping it into conversation.

handeme
07-11-2010, 03:35 PM
When I did the business training we were advised to start advertising sooner rather than later and that we did not have to tell the tax office until you started, you just had to make sure you told them within so many weeks of you first starting.

c x

Mookins
07-11-2010, 03:57 PM
No you can't until you are registered. Also, have you declaredy ourself self-employed yet to the tax people?
You're not allowed to advertise your childcare service if you haven't registered yourself as self-employed. That even includes dropping it into conversation.

never heard of this, very strange as they give you think its 3 months from when you start being self employed to let them know you are self employed

xxx

Libby08
10-11-2010, 07:46 PM
I was told that you can look after a child in your own home for up to 2 hours (paid) a day before being fully registered, mind a child for NO reward including money or even childcare back in return etc- which i didnt think most people would want to do but i guess if it secures you a job for the future and helps the child settle in and also gives you some experience it could be worth it?
Looking after them in their own home as a nanny is always another option to get to know the child in their familiar suroundings and then start to mind at home once registered. As for the tax i also thought you had either a month or 3 months to declare it? Must check that one now though! HTH

BlondeMoment
11-11-2010, 08:28 PM

You have three months from the date you start work as self employed to declare it to inland HMRC. Says so in my NCMA tax book and it's what I did x

kymberly
11-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Yeah as far as I know, if you're not charging and it's for less than 2 hours it not classed as 'childminding' and so you don't need tto be registered. But give NCMA a ring to clarify.

Good luck with your first mindee, it is daunting to start (my first was only last month), but after the first week its grand xxx