PDA

View Full Version : Is this cheeky?

buzzy bee
25-10-2010, 09:45 AM
One of my schoolies (9) was having a bday party and mum asked me to bake cakes with her (for the party - not for us!) BUT didn't bring ingredients OR offer to give me some money towards them. I did it anyway and didn't mention money but still think it's a tad cheeky!!

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
25-10-2010, 09:48 AM
What a cheeky so and so, I think that is really rude of her I am sure you wouldn't have minded but it would have been nice for her to bring some ingredients. What she should have done is ask do you mind and have you got the time to do it. :angry:

oneofeach
25-10-2010, 09:56 AM
I think its more than a tad cheeky:eek:

Hebs
25-10-2010, 10:05 AM
I think its more than a tad cheeky:eek:

me too!! :eek:

Mazz
25-10-2010, 10:10 AM
me three!!!!

I have a parent like that .... !:angry:

little chickee
25-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Very cheeky me thinks. I actually wouldn't have done it but then i am a bit stubborn!!

BlondeMoment
25-10-2010, 10:18 AM
I think thats taking the absolute :censored: !!!!!

georgie456
25-10-2010, 10:48 AM
I think "tad cheeky" is an understatement!!!!! Extremely cheeky!!!!! I would have no problem baking the cakes she asked you to do, but I wouldn't do them if she didn't provide/pay for the ingredients.

cabby
25-10-2010, 11:11 AM
OMG cheeky so and so, sorry but dont think i would have done it:thumbsup:

snufflepuff
25-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Invoice her for the ingredients, lol!
Cheeky mare! Who does she think you are, the hired help? Slave? Personal chef?

bexcee
25-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Very cheeky!!

Add it on to her next invoice for the amount of butter, sugar, flour, eggs etc that you used. Otherwise you'll be making their christmas cake and all sorts in the future :angry:

mushpea
25-10-2010, 11:57 AM
I have a parent that asks me to do birthday card with a child,, but as we always have other things planned or when asked he says he dosent want to do it then they dont get done,,, i think its a cheek cause theres no reason why the parent cant make cards or cakes with their child,,,,, I would definatly invoice her for the ingreediants

margaret
25-10-2010, 12:03 PM
I would have said have you brought the ingredients,dam cheeky.

Mouse
25-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Mindees' parents often ask me to make cards & pressies for grannies etc, which I'm quite happy to do. In fact I tell them to let me know when it's a family birthday so we can make something. I provide everything for that & wouldn't expect to be given the money for it.

I've also been asked to make Easter bonnets, fancy dress costumes etc with the children. Again, I'm happy to do it, but parents do provide the equipment.

With my cooking skills no one would ever ask me to make cakes, but if they did (and if i could make them!) I would expect parents to provide all the ingredients, with enough to make cakes for any other mindees to take home as well.

Rather than waiting for the parent to offer to pay, you should just invoice them for the ingredients, cake cases etc.

clio0602
25-10-2010, 01:46 PM
I don't think I would have had the ingredients I'm afraid :rolleyes:

Chimps Childminding
25-10-2010, 01:56 PM

No chance in my house - for one thing I am useless at baking and for another how does she know you have the time - sorry she wants cakes, she makes them :angry:

buzzy bee
25-10-2010, 02:01 PM
:laughing: ha ha!! i thought so!!

ah well it's done now. i don't think i'll invoice her for it but i definitely 'won't have the ingredients' next time anyone asks!!

i definitely wouldn't charge parents for doing baking and the kids taking home what they've made, but we're talking a whole batch of fairy cakes here!!

mamasheshe
25-10-2010, 02:43 PM
I'm sorry but where are the ingredients? i've looked in LO bag and there no where to be seen ahhhhh you must of made the cakes last night and forgot to tell me :laughing: :laughing:

Mollymop
25-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Wow how very very cheeky!! Some people amaze me

Pipsqueak
25-10-2010, 04:02 PM
I think that is outrageous actually, not just cheeky.

I would be tempted to put (just on their next newsletter) - Childminder and Baker - for fees and prices please ask!!!

Hope to goodness you get a slice

ChocolateChip
25-10-2010, 07:00 PM

Me either, pmsl!

Seriously, I am quite happy to (and do) make cards or do a cake for MY house so we can all celebrate a birthday, even have a party tea but no way would I do someone else's catering for them.
Think she is being more than cheeky!

Tinglesnark
25-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Hope to goodness you get a slice

and a piece of cake

:laughing:

that is seriously taking the piddle! i agree, next time say you dont have the bits in x

loocyloo
25-10-2010, 08:46 PM
:eek:

i would have made sure we were too busy having fun!

i have made cards for mums if i have known it is their birthday, and sometimes dads, but one family started telling me uncle tom cobbley and alls birthdays, so i'm afraid we stopped having time to make the cards ;)

The Juggler
25-10-2010, 09:01 PM
:panic: :panic: :panic: I have no words:rolleyes:

nikim
25-10-2010, 09:41 PM
i'd of said yes of course then presented her with a tray of cakes made by ALL the mindees (boggies and all :laughing: :laughing: ) and made sure she knew they'd all had a HAND in making them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Twinkles
25-10-2010, 09:51 PM
So rude !

I'm surprised she didn't get you to pop round her house and give it a clean before the party too !

I too would have been too busy/not have time/didn't have the ingredients.

miffy
26-10-2010, 07:00 AM
Very cheeky!

Miffy xx

welshcake
26-10-2010, 08:05 AM
That is really cheeky...i would bill her for the ingrediants at least. x:eek:

ruby
26-10-2010, 09:01 AM
we made butterfly cakes with the little ones during the school holiday and T asked Rachel if she would make some for his birthday party that we were invited to it .

we told Mum she said we didn't have to but we did

This parent truns up quite regularly with Squash, biscuits, fruit for the mindees to have so i would not have charged her

Cathy

charliegee
26-10-2010, 09:45 AM
I think that is very very cheeky!

We often bake things and mindees take home a few fairy cakes etc - but to be honest we keep most of the baked things here - like I'll make say 12 or so fairy cakes / biscutes and out of that each mindee takes home two so we usually have a good half or so left this end

x