PDA

View Full Version : first enquiry

chels55
10-04-2008, 03:08 PM
I had an enquiry today a lady is going back to work in june. she wants me to look after her three children 18 months 40 hours, 3years old 25 hours and 9 year old 7.5 hours per week plus school holidays. They are coming to see me on Wednesday any tips or advice will be appreciated

miffy
10-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Sounds a lot of work there - have your paperwork ready to show her and a few toys out for the children

Just relax and be yourself - parents like to see if you interact with their children so play with the 2 younger ones and ask the older one about his/her interests.

Don't try too hard you might seem desperate :)

Good luck and let us know how you get on

miffy xx

sarah707
10-04-2008, 05:17 PM
:eek: That sounds a lot for your first ones... don't forget, if you think you're taking on too much, you can always say no!

On the other hand, it might be just what you need to fill your spaces and get yourself started... just beware of putting all your eggs in one basket so to speak.

Good luck! :D

mum2two
10-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Wow - great first enquiry! Hope it all goes well for you.

As others have said, just be yourself, and every 'interview' is different. Have your pack ready and it'll flow in it's own way.

Kelly x

Annie_T
10-04-2008, 06:43 PM
cool well done you hun
just be ya self

Banana
10-04-2008, 06:47 PM
good luck with it!!

xxx

katickles
10-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Just wanted to say good luck, as the others have already given good advice. Don't forget to let us all know how the visit goes!:)

chels55
10-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks for advice.
I havent recieved my NCMA pack through yet and not really sure what the contract even looks like.
Im trying to do a little parent pack now.
It does sound alot for first time but the 3 year old will be in full time school from september.

I feel really lucky to even have had a call after speaking to a childminder on the phone the other day she told me shes been registered 18 months and still hasnt started she said she has only had a few enquiries and the hours she was offered wasnt worth her giving her part time job up for.

Twinkles
10-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Good luck with this :thumbsup:

angeldelight
10-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Good luck and if you have a settling in period of 4 weeks you can always end the contract if you find it to much

Hope you get the job

Angel xx