PDA

View Full Version : Help please

Happy Bunny
25-10-2010, 07:00 AM
I have never given notice to a parent before so how do i word one.
Due to ongoing problems with one parent, late payments, not turning up on time, her having mood swings if i won't co-operate with her, i have finally had enough and want to give her notice.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated

sarah707
25-10-2010, 09:08 AM
It's always sad for the child when this happens, especially if parents then bad mouth you at home, so I tend to do it as gently as possible.

I am sorry that due to a change in circumstances I am unable to care for xx from ... end date.

Fees owed are ...

Please note that you are responsible for cancelling any Tax Credits (include phone number).

Thank you for letting me share in xx child's name life.

All the best,

Hth :D

Marie-louise
25-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Good Luck, i have a parent who,s just the same, we,ve had a few run ins over the last two years and i really want to give her notice but her daughter is friends with my daughter (both now 6) and she.s no bother. I had to write a letter to the mother about 6mth ago telling her to back off as she would lose me as a childminder if she didnt. Basically my daughter had a friend (different one) for tea after school one day, the girl i mind comes two days every week but the mother lost it, txting me saying her daughter is a friend not just a child i mind and is crying and feeling left out as she wasnt invited?? Its the mother who was upset not the child, it went on all weekend, phone calls and txts about leaving kids out. In the end i wrote a letter basically saying that while i love minding her daughter, (2 days a week) what i do in my own time outside working hours is my own business, and i was sorry to hear she (daughter) was upset, it was not my fault (as the txts implied)
Now im very wary around her and try to avoid her as much as i can at school (nana brings the girl so i dont see mother while working) not ideal i know but she really is a difficult person, i would really like to give notice but dont want to spite the child and would still have to see the mother at school everyday. So keeping my head down best and getting on with my job, wish i had the balls to tell her where to go x

Happy Bunny
25-10-2010, 07:20 PM
I feel so fed up, i enjoy looking after the child and i have bent over backwards to accomodate her (i'm the 3rd childminder she has had)
I really want to continuity of care for her child but i am not a mug.
Thanks for giving me ideas on what to put in letter, i dread the fall out of her receiving it but i need my sanity back and my childrens life.
I just feel so guilty though as there is no other childminder at the child's school that is willing to take the child on.

loobyloo168
26-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Im in the same situation with one of mine. I was going to give notice but just had a letter saying our rent is going up just beofre xmas so now have to hold out a little longer.

Parent was supposed to come and pay me last Thursday but got a call at 08:30am saying DS had had a fit and they were in an ambulance, its not that i dont believe her but i searched for her on Facebook and she has an open profile. On it she says that DS was in hospital on Sunday night ! i had him on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and not once did she mention it ! Which im not happy about as he has fits which are being investigated and i think i should at least have been told. The rest of the week have just been normal happy updates nothing about DS being taken back in.

I know im probably bad for lookinh her up on Facebook, but as soon as i met her i thought shed mess me around, and thats all she has done !

mrs.h
26-10-2010, 07:43 PM
I know im probably bad for lookinh her up on Facebook, but as soon as i met her i thought shed mess me around, and thats all she has done !

is that not what facebook is for?? :D

mrs.h