PDA

View Full Version : mom thinks she can keep me hanging on

nelly
25-10-2010, 06:42 AM
i have a parent that is training at the moment and the course finishes at about easter time but shes only just told me this and our contract is till september 2011,she has been trying for jobs but no luck the thing is i cant hang around waiting for her i need to work so have told her this as the little one is taking up a full time space, shale i change the contract now and tell her iv already filled her space.then at least she wont keep presuming im just here when she wants. thanks

miffy
25-10-2010, 06:45 AM
Have you already filled the space?

If not I wouldn't tell her you have as it might backfire on you - she may well get a job yet.

Miffy xx

Happy Bunny
25-10-2010, 06:51 AM
If she has signed a contract till Sept 2011 then she will have to pay you until then unless she gives you the contracted notice.
I can understand how frustrating it must be but as the previous person said she might yet get a job.

Chimps Childminding
25-10-2010, 06:52 AM
Easter is quite a way off, so I would be inclined to say nothing until nearer the time!!! Hopefully by then she will have a job sorted!!

nelly
25-10-2010, 07:05 AM
the thing is i dont want to keep this parent anymore,she takes the mick. easter is when her little on starts nursery and have told her that i cant take her because have to take my own dd to nursery which is no were near our nursery.but she wont listen she says that she will sort it around what my los times are and she told me that i could do it if i went in the car which i wasnt going to do as its a nice walk to our nursery.this parent wants it all her way .

Daftbat
25-10-2010, 07:13 AM
If you don't want the work then just give the required notice period on the contract and look for someone else to fill the place. Its not fair just stringing people along if you don't want the work anyway even after easter.