PDA

View Full Version : Halloween craft for one year olds

snufflepuff
24-10-2010, 08:44 PM
I want to do something crafty this week with my son and mindees- all one year olds so needs to be quite simple.
I'm hoping to do some handprint spiders and ghosts.
Any more ideas?

I/ we also need to make some sort of decoration- maybe a banner or something- for a halloween party. Does anyone have any ideas for this too?

Thank you!

Kes
24-10-2010, 09:07 PM
I know you've already said ghosts but was thinking foot prints might make better ghosts.
Really tricky with one year olds can you not do sensory play instead like green jelly, squishing pumpkin etc.

mummyof3
24-10-2010, 09:41 PM
I printed out ghost shapes to colour in but instead we glued and glittered them and then stuck them onto backing paper they looked fantastic. We also made some paper plate monsters they painted a paper plate and stuck some strips of tissue paper all around the ages to make a monster decoration.
Both sets of parents loved their little creations. Really simple ideas but look really good displayed.

snufflepuff
25-10-2010, 07:13 AM
Thank you- was going to make some green jelly today so we can play with it tomorrow or Wed. Those monsters sound good, and I have a big pile of paper plates, so may give those a try!

buzzy bee
25-10-2010, 09:28 AM
I know you've already said ghosts but was thinking foot prints might make better ghosts.
Really tricky with one year olds can you not do sensory play instead like green jelly, squishing pumpkin etc.

i'm always stuck with what to do with mine, as my son and only 2 mindees are 10/11 months!! love these ideas tho - will definitely try these. the footprint ghost is a great idea as mine are all too young to actually 'do' artwork but this way they can take something home thats actually theirs!

buzzy bee
25-10-2010, 02:16 PM
I printed out ghost shapes to colour in but instead we glued and glittered them and then stuck them onto backing paper they looked fantastic. We also made some paper plate monsters they painted a paper plate and stuck some strips of tissue paper all around the ages to make a monster decoration.
Both sets of parents loved their little creations. Really simple ideas but look really good displayed.

How old were these mindees? I don't know if mine would have the coordination for all that!

But sounds lovely :)

lou lou
26-10-2010, 06:01 AM
i am going to do a ghost i have cut out a template and i am going to get them to stick some cotton wool buds on and eyes

Pauline
26-10-2010, 06:28 AM
Sorry if I appear to be interfering :blush: but I will ask anyway for those who might not have thought of it.

Have you checked with parents that they are happy for you to do Halloween activities? Some people are really against it and would not like their children to take part.

:)

snufflepuff
26-10-2010, 08:44 AM
Sorry if I appear to be interfering but I will ask anyway for those who might not have thought of it.

Have you checked with parents that they are happy for you to do Halloween activities? Some people are really against it and would not like their children to take part.

No you are right to ask Pauline.
I checked first :)

Chatterbox Childcare
26-10-2010, 08:47 AM
Thank you- was going to make some green jelly today so we can play with it tomorrow or Wed. Those monsters sound good, and I have a big pile of paper plates, so may give those a try!

We are making green jelly today and when nearly set putting snakes into it

buzzy bee
26-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Sorry if I appear to be interfering :blush: but I will ask anyway for those who might not have thought of it.

:)

thanks for asking - i didn't even think about this but you're right!! haven't done any yet but will ask parents when i do!