PDA

View Full Version : EYFS vs b23

kaz1501
10-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi everyone,

I have only been minding for 5 weeks but was registered in January this year. I am aware that I could be inspected by Ofsted at any time but it is only today that I began to worry!!!!

I have been following the new EYFS but my mindee is 23 months old so I suddenly realised that perhaps I ought be using birth to 3?

If Ofsted were to turn up today (perish the thought!!) I realise they would inspect me on the birth to 3 matters but would they 'mark me down' so to speak for following EYFS.

I do not have the birth to 3 pack whereas I do have the EYFS along with all the wonderful resources collected from this brill forum. :thumbsup:

It would be such a shame to have re-do the work I have done so far but if necessary then I will do.:littleangel:

Thanks in advance for any thoughts & advice

Karen
x x x

sarah707
10-04-2008, 01:28 PM
You are right you would be inspected on the 14 standards and for the baby birth to 3 matters.

Get to know the standards whatever...

You would have a very strong case, however, for arguing that since you weren't provided with a birth to 3 pack, you are following eyfs, which is, after all, best available practice...

And of course, you've liaised all this with parents and explained your concerns and they are 100% behind you using eyfs as you are so confident with it and able to deliver it well.

Job done! :D

kaz1501
10-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Thanks Sarah :)

I have just phoned to see if I could get a copy of b23 but they are out of print so that also backs up my reasons for using EYFS :)
(altho I know I can download it ;) )

miffy
10-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Maybe you should just have a look through the B23 threads on here - EYFS is supposed to encompass this anyway

miffy xx

angeldelight
10-04-2008, 01:58 PM
I have some things on Birth to Three and the pack in pdf if you want them just pm

Angel xx

kaz1501
10-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Sarah, forgot to mention, I bought your EYFS Observations ebook and that is what I have been working with.
I printed off the relevent section for J. and have made an informative and lovely file with photographs as well as notes as evidence.
I showed it to Mum, who is a teacher, & she was very impressed not to mention delighted. :)

So thank-you Sarah :D :thumbsup:

sarah707
10-04-2008, 02:01 PM
You are very welcome! I am happy it works for you! :D