PDA

View Full Version : Does this seem okay for my planning?

Cazz
22-10-2010, 09:31 PM
After going through the e-books I purchased off Sarah I can see light at the end of the tunnel :thumbsup:

I have a 4 year old before and after school 3 days a week and a 18 mth old all day on a Friday, so I've decided to do a monthly individual planning sheet for each of them with a theme some weeks and something planned relevant to their own interests on other weeks.

I'm also going to use one of Sarah's templates with space to write an observation for each area and ideas for next steps/planning. Presumably you don't have to have something for each area every month?

Obviously I'll do observations as well - some photo and some just written. All of these things will go in the child's learning journey.

I'm also going to fill in a spider web chart for my planned activities so that I've got something in my planning file as evidence to Ofsted.

Am I along the right lines here - today I had my 18 mth old and I had to go and buy some tickets from another town a few miles away. I planned to take him and my dd to feed some ducks (on planning sheet) so I took bread with us. However, the only pond we found was deserted but we found a fantastic new play area just down the road so we went there instead. I took some photo's for G's learning journey.

I've put on my planning sheet that we didn't feed the ducks because we couldn't find any but we played on the new park instead. While we were there a tractor was cutting the grass on the recreation ground next to the play area and G took quite a bit of interest in the tractor. My next steps are to get some books with tractors in and get the tractors out for G to play with. (This will come into November's planning because I'm on holiday next week).

Am I on the right tracks here?

sarah707
22-10-2010, 09:35 PM
That all sounds perfect to me!!

Planning is very flexible and I make changes to mine all the time.

Sometimes I fill it in after the event especially if I see things going in a different direction... it's lovely to go with the flow.

Well spotted with the tractor interest... I am sure he will enjoy the activities you have thought about for him :D

Cazz
22-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Yay!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Thanks Sarah - it's all become clearer in my head now and after getting everything down on paper today (while he was having his lunch) I thought to myself that I think I CAN actually do the planning side of things :D

I would imagine it's like so many other things - it gets easier the more you do it.

It's such a weight off my shoulders that I'm beginning to understand it - I had honestly started to have sleepless nights worrying about it all!

angeldelight
22-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Sounds great

Well done

Angel xx

Carol M
23-10-2010, 07:26 AM
Absolutely on track :clapping:
That's what it's all about.
Now relax and enjoy
Carol xxx

Penny1959
23-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Fantastic system - go with the child and take opportunities whenever you can.

Well Done

Now you can relax and enjoy your time with the children

Penny :)