PDA

View Full Version : The new EYFS Summary

funemnx
22-10-2010, 06:06 PM
So went on an EYFS course on Tuesday and now think I've (finally) grasped how to do an observation (yeah!) :clapping:

While we were there, this new form was handed out called Early Years Foundation Stage Summary.

Has any one else got one yet?

It's a new way of information sharing with an ongoing summary of observation and assessment of the child (reviewed every 3 months) to be handed over to a new setting when the child moves on to either playschool or school. It's compulsory.

A bit more paperwork to add to our growing list! Sigh!

babs
22-10-2010, 06:22 PM
nope i dont think i have unless its called something else... can you copy it to show us ...

funemnx
22-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Unfortunately useless with computers, will attempt to flutter eyelashes at hubby and get him to do it! (but no promises) :laughing:

Worth asking your CDSO though as apparently it only rolled out this week

linda2girls
22-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Which part of the country are you in. I think we have something similar in Cambs, but I missed the course on Tuesday.

Linda.

funemnx
22-10-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm in Cambs too, so maybe it's only local?

sarah707
22-10-2010, 08:11 PM
I imagine it's a local thing.

They have something similar in Devon for transitions to new settings etc. :D

miss mopple
22-10-2010, 08:14 PM
We have one here in Hampshire and have had for a while

linda2girls
22-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Yes, it is local to Cambs and therefore only compulsory here. I have been given a copy by a friend who attended. I still cannot understand why the county give us so much paperwork to do, it's not an Ofsted requirement. I think this summary replaces the development plan books which they thought we were all going to fill in.

Linda.