PDA

View Full Version : EYFS PLANNING **** so confused

Leapsters
22-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Hi everyone,

The more books i read and the more research i do the more confused I'm getting.:jump for joy:

How often do we have to do focused plans? Is a short term plan a daily plan, a medium one monthly and a long term yearly?

Has anyone got any templates which i might be able to use?:idea:

Sorry guys, so confused. Really love what i'm doing, but there's sooooooo much on the net. Think it's better to find out asking childminders:clapping:

sarah707
22-10-2010, 08:15 PM
I haven't used focussed planning since I worked in school many years ago! :laughing:

Observe... assess the observation... plan.

Individual planning for the child which will be short term, based on what you are seeing and hearing.

Group planning, if you want to do it, which is based on the children's likes, dislikes, interests, learning styles etc.

So your group planning is Red Nose Day... John loves baking so you make some cherry buns; Jane loves playdough so you make some red dough with her.

Don't over-complicate it :D

Penny1959
23-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Agree with Sarah - no need for focused activities. No need for complicated plans - what child ever follows a plan anyway?

As Sarah says - observe - interests / stage of development - start with that but be flexible and go with flow of child and use spontaneous opportunities whenever you can.

Good Luck - and remember there is not a 'right way' to do planning and the best method for you - is the one you understand. So maybe read less from the internet and just constanly reflect on and adapt your own system.

Penny :)