PDA

View Full Version : Potty Training

Gizmo
22-10-2010, 11:34 AM
I mind A and M who are 21 and 20 mths both parents are talking about potty training I personally think it a bit early as neither child is talking well enough yet to be able to ask to go.
A's mum told me this morning about a potty she is going to buy that plays a tune when you tinkle and prints out stickers :panic: and she wants him to use to here then she will take it home every night so he is used to using the same potty.
Have any of you had a parent do this I thought it was a bit strange I have a potty here already

Alibali
22-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Yuck! Stickers from something they've just wee'd in, no thanks. I'd rather use the toilet and give them a sticker afterwards!

I try to suggest to all mine to start on the toilet straight away as it's just another change for them when you want to move on to toilet. That said, not sure I'd do the same if I didn't have a downstairs loo.

sarah707
22-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Why do some parents push their children to perform? :(

I try to take them straight to the toilet as well, they find it much less confusing that way.

I hope mum waits a little while x

clio0602
22-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Gosh thats really early to potty train. I must admit that I did take ds a potty into nursery as he wouldn't use any other but it was only a basic one and I'd bought 2 anyway so left it there!

Gizmo
23-10-2010, 07:12 PM
I spoke to mum at pick up last night and she is starting from today still think its too early but will work with her and still dont like the idea of the stickers coming out the potty how do you clean it :eek:

mushpea
23-10-2010, 07:46 PM
it depends when the child is ready,, my son asked to go when he was 17.5months, i thought he was trying to say his nappy was wet as he was in cloth nappies so i sent him to play when it was dry then he came back a couple of mins later upset cause his nappy was wet,, we had a week of the odd accident and he was dry yet my daugher was still having accidents at nearly 5yrs old. I have a minded child who is just trained at 3.5yrs old, one at 2.6yrs old and showing no signs of training, a 3yrold whose starting to use the toilet and a 23month old who is asking to go to the loo so i guess they will do it when they are ready,,,, you could suggest to the parent that you try for a week but if at the end of the week the child is showing no signs then suggest you leave it untill they are ready.