PDA

View Full Version : IDEAS TO SET ME APART FROM THE REST!!

butterfly
22-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Hi! I'm having a tough week this week with several children giving notice for January and a new wrap around service opening in the village!

Just wondered what ideas people had for helping me to set myself apart from the rest and advertising ideas. I have smart ntoices to go up around and am advertising in all the local shops, toddlers, playgroup etc.

I was wondering about offering better hot meals at lunchtime and wondered whether anyone had any ideas for meals that could be prepared/heated within 20 mins with not too much preperation time as i don't want to spend all my evenings cooking!

Aso wondered whether anyone here supplies nappies as part of their price and whether this helps parents?

Any ideas gratefully received!! I have 6 weeks to fill a full time space and several odd days!

Pipsqueak
22-10-2010, 12:15 PM
What sets you apart...

do you have a large garden
veggie patch
offer overnights
have any particular experience
open earlier/later times that the other type care
have pets
etc

What does set you apart - you can go of out and about as the mood and child interests take you, attend events easily etc.

Penny1959
22-10-2010, 12:43 PM
I provide a completely free reusable nappy service (I provide, wash and dry nappies while child is in setting) One parent has taken up sevice - another has not. New parent starting in Jan wants to use it.

So not sure if a 'selling point' or not. (Ofsted liked it though!)

I also offer all meals in with price including a cooked evening meal - all parents have taken up this service. If interested you could look at my menu's as on my website www.*********************. I used to do new menu every week - but took far too long and was too much hassle. Now do 4 week rotation menu and if change it for any reason just put notice on notice board in seeting. I do keep a 'spare' meal in freezer for if things don't go to plan.

Think overall the 'extras' I offer have made a difference to filling my spaces as have filled most of mine - while some are still trying to fill theirs.

Penny :)

The Juggler
22-10-2010, 12:47 PM
I prefer to work t-time only/have less children in the hols, so offer retainer free termtime contracts.

I also go into great detail about healthy eating and growing veggies and outdoor play.