PDA

View Full Version : Late in the day activities

terrydoo73
21-10-2010, 08:54 PM
My twin mindees sleep from 1 pm every day - usually about 1 - 1 1/2 hours. When they get up I give them their dinner at around 3.30 - 4.00 pm. After this it is like all hell breaks loose! I have tried everything - changing my toys/activities, doing one to one with them, using dvds to calm them but the chase is on! They run like mad screaming through the rooms - I have tried restricting them to one room only but they use the furniture as an obstacle course! I just cannot get them interested in anything in particular - what should I do?

selena 31
21-10-2010, 08:58 PM
do you live close to a park or have outside space seems like they need to burn off there energy! you could get the water play outside with long tubes and such put cars in or paint brushes let them paint the fence? what about pop up tunnels outside or slides and little trikes! my friend bought her toddler one of those scuttle bugs she swears by them can use them inside or outside.
hope someone else comes long with some iders x :idea:

miffy
21-10-2010, 09:01 PM
do you live close to a park or have outside space seems like they need to burn off there energy! you could get the water play outside with long tubes and such put cars in or paint brushes let them paint the fence? what about pop up tunnels outside or slides and little trikes! my friend bought her toddler one of those scuttle bugs she swears by them can use them inside or outside.
hope someone else comes long with some iders x :idea:

I agree - it sounds like they've got loads of energy they just need to get rid of.

Miffy xx

PixiePetal
21-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Yes, I would say get outside too if you can. My almost 2 yr old mindee loves being outside and I find it a less stressful end to the day if we get in the garden - also I try and tidy playroom a bit first so a better end to my day :thumbsup: