PDA

View Full Version : No, seriously this attitude and its 2010!

Pipsqueak
21-10-2010, 08:10 PM
But the counter-argument is that, while private sector jobs should return as the economy recovers, the plan is for the public sector to shrink permanently. What's more, there may be a double whammy for female workers. If working mums lose their jobs they will not need so much childcare - another industry very largely occupied by women.

I recently put this point to Jill Kirby, director of the influential Conservative think tank, the Centre for Policy Studies. "It may be better news for women not to spend money on childcare any more and to look after their own children and fit jobs into the child's day," she told me, pointing out that "women going out to do jobs to pay for childcare generates a type of work which then requires subsidy from the state". "Are you saying women should be looking after their children at home?" I asked.
"For women who would like to be under less pressure to work, who would rather be at home, yes," she replied.

taken from http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/markeaston/2010/10/will_the_cuts_change_the_role.html

can you believe this attitude. what a throw back.

for a start its implying that us 'little women' (apologies to any blokes here) are doing needless jobs and that without using childcare there would be not need for subsidies. obviously there are so many women out there doing jobs that do not contribute to this country or their families.

fitting jobs around our childs day - well whoopsie doo - gosh none of us would have ever of thought of that on our own and I pretty darned sure that jobs like that are pretty hard to come by. employers aren't that flexi.

gosh am over the moon at the the advances that this new government are making strides in.

claire'scherubs
21-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Am I seriously reading this correctly???????:eek:

Blaze
21-10-2010, 08:14 PM
That's aside from the FACT that for every pound a childminder earns (female dominated industry) we created £10 (minimum) for the economy!!!!:angry:

miffy
21-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Gobsmacked............................... and from a woman too! :eek:

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
21-10-2010, 08:17 PM
sorry just disappeared off to ebay to see if I could order myself some chains so hubs can attach me back to the kitchen sink......

am just popping off to fashion myself some rags to wear..........

sarah707
21-10-2010, 08:17 PM
For goodness sake :(

ajs
21-10-2010, 08:39 PM
sorry just disappeared off to ebay to see if I could order myself some chains so hubs can attach me back to the kitchen sink......

barefoot and pregnant and chained to the kitchen sink, is that what they mean as back to basics

Playmate
21-10-2010, 08:47 PM
I suppose that means Emily Pankhurst's(sp?) hard work was done for nothing then was it :rolleyes:

Trouble
21-10-2010, 08:51 PM
pauline would not thank me if i wrote what i wanted to say :angry: :angry:

Pipsqueak
21-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Hush all you jumped up Little Women. Know you place and shuffle back to scrubbing those floors and tending to your children. You will damage them by working and thinking... shame on you.

Tomorrow i am handing in notice and repenting my wicked ways by working and devoting every waking moment to my children. I also recognise that in the grand scheme of things that I am totally small and insignificant and know nuffink

:rolleyes:

Trouble
21-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Hush all you jumped up Little Women. Know you place and shuffle back to scrubbing those floors and tending to your children. You will damage them by working and thinking... shame on you.

Tomorrow i am handing in notice and repenting my wicked ways by working and devoting every waking moment to my children. I also recognise that in the grand scheme of things that I am totally small and insignificant and know nuffink

we might as well all join you:angry:

Playmate
21-10-2010, 08:58 PM

:ROFL1: :ROFL1:

em29
22-10-2010, 05:49 AM
I am shocked reading this! Why is it up to the women in every family to change their work around the children? In many families the women earn more than the men. Are we supposed to just forego our career and aspirations because we have children?? Surely childcare is a valuable area of contribution to the economy? I am appalled by this? I would like to know how well educated they think the next generation will be if the kids are all stuck at home where I know some parents (not all!) cannot even be bothered to speak to their kids instead of in childcare where they are enjoying the benefits of the foundation stage!
I really hope the gov doesn't stop supporting our efforts....

Hebs
22-10-2010, 06:04 AM
sadly this doesnt suprise me at all,

the tories are all about "family values" aka men earning the money and women "knowing their place" being at home doing :censored: all but looking after the kids and home

i can honestly see alot of us going out of business, if that happens i'm REFUSING to get another job, and will sponge off the state as they will have effectivly made me unemployed :panic:

kindredspirits
22-10-2010, 07:06 AM
this makes no sense to me. I mean all recent regulation is about mums having to go back to work asap - single mums having to go back to work as soon as their youngest is at school etc..... so surely the childcare industry will increase if anything? they are making benefits more means tested so less people who are able will be allowed to sponge.... people like to look for the worst all the time.
I tell you - if I were in charge I'd be making some changes ;)

The Juggler
22-10-2010, 07:06 AM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: don't forget to order a chastity belt so he knows you're being faithful too;)

Tinglesnark
22-10-2010, 07:25 AM
:angry: flaming disgusting! How do they think these women will be able to survive at home? i could go on but then id be here all day!

who on earth ARE these people?

it is madness!

It seems that we are going back to the 50's!

funfunfun
22-10-2010, 07:25 AM
Myab she should stay at home and not be the " director of the influential Conservative think tank "

could save a few ****** there :laughing:

georgie456
22-10-2010, 08:24 AM
I'm speechless..........
but that's ok because as a lowly woman I should get back to the housework and shouldn't speak my opinion anyway *wink*

merry
22-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Some of the Mums I work with would love nothing more than to give up work and stay at home to be with their children, and deeply resent the financial necessity that has driven them out to work, but without their salaries, their families wouldn't be able to pay their bills. I can't see how risking losing their homes and being forced into substandard accommodation is going to improve outcomes for their children. Many are in financial situations that are precarious enough as it is, without adding unemployment to them. I don't think many of those in these positions of power and privilege really understand just how difficult some people's lives really are :(

:)

Pipsqueak
22-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Why are you not all worshipping at the kitchen sink.... how dare you all even KNOW how to use a computer......

shame on you all:D

Tinglesnark
22-10-2010, 10:33 AM
:laughing:
Why are you not all worshipping at the kitchen sink.... how dare you all even KNOW how to use a computer......

shame on you all:D

indeed!
:eek:

ORKSIE
22-10-2010, 10:40 AM
I take it this woman has no children of her own:rolleyes: :idea:

Pipsqueak
22-10-2010, 10:46 AM
I take it this woman has no children of her own:rolleyes: :idea:

nah - she ate them while they were young:D

ORKSIE
22-10-2010, 11:23 AM
nah - she ate them while they were young:D

:laughing: :laughing:

PMSL isnt that what we all should do :idea: :D

curlycathy
22-10-2010, 02:11 PM
I am actually seeing my MP on Monday.

In Westminster!!!

So whilst we are having lunch/drinkies on the terrace I will be sounding off VERY LOUDLY!!!!!

(Please rescue me if I get locked in the Tower...:D )

Jayse74
22-10-2010, 04:44 PM
I suppose that means Emily Pankhurst's(sp?) hard work was done for nothing then was it :rolleyes:

I was just thinking the same thing!

Jayse74
22-10-2010, 05:34 PM
sadly this doesnt suprise me at all,

the tories are all about "family values" aka men earning the money and women "knowing their place" being at home doing :censored: all but looking after the kids and home

i can honestly see alot of us going out of business, if that happens i'm REFUSING to get another job, and will sponge off the state as they will have effectivly made me unemployed :panic:

But dont forget the dole will force you into getting a job so I just dont understand what this goverment is doing anymore! Surely childminders working and not claiming jsa is a good thing? Its like somebody has come along and decided lets wipe you lot out because we can, its just not on! I personally will not be able to cope going back onto jsa. I was on that for a while and ended up on new deal twice and it is sole destroying.

TheBTeam
23-10-2010, 09:05 PM
So if these women are to get a job around their children, they have only a handful of choices, become a childminder, a teacher or get an average job term time only - the result of which most will get a job term time only, so the result the companies will collapse during the school holidays, which i guess they could fix by making school last 48 weeks a year!!!!!!!!!!

Because childminders will not be needed we wont be there to cover the school holidays cos we will have our full time jobs to do, and wonder what we will do with our own children to avoid another job having a high percentage of its staff downing tools to care for their children in the holidays!

Looks like they have put as much thought into this gem as they do most other things!

mayberry
24-10-2010, 01:50 AM
I'm speechless..........

Dawn x

Pipsqueak
24-10-2010, 08:44 AM
I am actually seeing my MP on Monday.

In Westminster!!!

So whilst we are having lunch/drinkies on the terrace I will be sounding off VERY LOUDLY!!!!!

(Please rescue me if I get locked in the Tower...:D )

wow - how come? do tell!:D

and yes - print the link the off and the womans quotes..... sock it to them.

oh and send us a postcard from the tower huh - bet you will get a nice view!!! lol send a visiting order!!!:laughing:

gegele
24-10-2010, 09:10 AM
But dont forget the dole will force you into getting a job so I just dont understand what this goverment is doing anymore! Surely childminders working and not claiming jsa is a good thing? Its like somebody has come along and decided lets wipe you lot out because we can, its just not on! I personally will not be able to cope going back onto jsa. I was on that for a while and ended up on new deal twice and it is sole destroying.

i don't think you can claim if your husband works!!!

when my maternity leve stopped couple of years ago i wasn't untitled to anything as my husband earned enough (if we didn't have to pay mortgage or stopped eating and having bath and elecricity!!!)

curlycathy
24-10-2010, 03:03 PM
I move in important circles don't you know - why David Cameron's father in law lives a mile away - I do remember to bow and scrape when he goes past! Not worked out which field is SamCam's yet tho!

I'm taking ds down to London to meet our MP and have a look round Parliament. I've been before and it is fantastic! I met our MP when he was campaigning and even tho he is a Tory - he is actually human and a nice bloke. He said that anytime we wanted to go down to just ask - so I did. But anyone can go round - just get in touch with your MP.

In fact we should all co-ordinate and go en masse - with children :laughing:

You never know - our mindees might be able to improve the MPs behaviour!!

Off to print off that link now....

onceinabluemoon
24-10-2010, 03:17 PM
OMG!! seriously?

When I wanted to be at home with my kids I was told I had to go out to work!!! Funnily enough by the ruddy government...

Wish these people would make their minds up...

nannymcflea
24-10-2010, 04:35 PM
So what happens when the socially economically deprived children who will not be attending the loving childminders get into the education system?

Back to low entry level statistics, children who struggle to behave in classroom situations, other children missing out and a harder job for teachers.:(

oh joy.