PDA

View Full Version : Home corner

em29
21-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Hiya - I was wondering if some of you have space to have a permanent home corner set up or if you don't have the space do you set one up on a rotational basis?
I do not have a separate play room nd so I need to set one up on a rotational basis and was wondering if anyone has any great idea on things to use?
I was thinking apart from the usual kitchen i would put up an ironing board and laundry, an old telephone, a table and chairs and some dolls? Any other ideas?
emma :)

miss mopple
21-10-2010, 07:40 PM
I set one up sometimes, although not always as a home corner as such. I've set up a cafe, ice cream shop and hospital before now. The kids love it :clapping:

Katiekoo
21-10-2010, 07:46 PM
We have no space indoors at all - so I'm planning to get a little wendy house for the garden, with a little kitchen, cleaning up set, table, chairs etc. I thought it would be good for playing outdoors when the weather isn't great!:D

mamasheshe
21-10-2010, 07:58 PM
i have a small set of shelves and i put all the play food cooking equip out and the small toy cooker this works well xx

The Juggler
21-10-2010, 08:03 PM
I have the ELC sizzler and it's at the back end of my through lounge. I have a til, phones, takeaway menus, cameras, dolls and cots and buggies all nearby so it's a kind of homecorner. And I have it there permanently.

miffy
21-10-2010, 08:27 PM
I can't set anything up permanently but we've recently had a house, a shop, an office, a builder's yard, a cafe and a travel agents.

Miffy xx

em29
22-10-2010, 05:42 AM
Ah great - no permanent home corners. It was just something i read somewhere that assumed we all had one! Some lovely ideas here - it gave me an excuse to buy a little kitchen. I had a massive Tikes one that i had sold and never replaced but I realise how much they miss a kitchen to play with x

moogster1a
22-10-2010, 06:52 AM
Unlike a nursery, our whole houses are a home corner!!

mushpea
22-10-2010, 06:57 AM
we have a the little tykes huge kitchen with food and cots ,dolls, and a pram,, did have 2 but the broke one yesterday!, I also have a desk in the garage i could bring in but dont want them having pens or pencils in the conservatory so not sure what to do with that,,,, we also have the dressing up in somtimes

singlewiththree
22-10-2010, 07:17 AM
I have a tiny kitchen up all the time in the dining area but to be honest I get out the dream cottage and pop up shop etc as and when I think it will be used and then leave it up for about a week or so then as their interest starts to drop I remove it again.

Hebs
22-10-2010, 07:20 AM
i have a corner in my living room where i put toys,

i rotate it as kids get bored if the same stuff is out

this week they wanted the car mat and train set out, next week they want the ball pool out (not gonna happen as we are out alot with it being half term) so will put the dolls house back out
the following week i'm putting the cosy cottage back out

it stops them getting fed up of the same stuff :thumbsup: