PDA

View Full Version : Nursery rhyme webiste?

miss mopple
21-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Have just had a development meeting with my mindees parents and we have agreed that we will be focusing on developing the LO's language skills through the use of nursery rhymes and action songs. The thing is, she said they don't know any so need me to teach them too :laughing:

Does anyone know of any websites where they can download the songs and actions so that I don't have to run classes for parents :laughing:

Am thinking I will introduce a new rhyme every week or two, and do related activities etc. Mindee has some speech delay and has only just started to join in with copying actions so I am hoping to build his confidence through this and hopefully encourage some language.

Any suggestions or will I have to subject the poor gown ups to my singing :panic: :laughing: ?

em29
21-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Hi - I would just get them to buy a cd of nursery rhymes to listen to whilst in the car, getting ready in the morning etc. They will soon pick them up - even cbeebies (tweenies etc) sing nursery rhymes. ;)

blue bear
21-10-2010, 07:04 PM
what about the DVD with signing on that Dave is on (makaton nursery rhymes) - if language delay the signing will help and its not a bad dvd for parents to watch too. Ask your DO if they do a loan for special needs DVD's like this, there is limited availabilty in my area.

babs
21-10-2010, 07:21 PM
http://www.nurseryrhymes4u.com/ try this one

angeldelight
21-10-2010, 07:45 PM
If you go to Youtube and type in the nursery rhyme you want you will get children singing them and doing the actions

I am sure little one will soon start to copy and maybe mom and dad can try it at home

Angel xx

miss mopple
21-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Thanks all, great ideas and sites :thumbsup: Will check out you tube as that may be the easiest way, I can just email them a link each time we learn a new one :thumbsup:

selena 31
21-10-2010, 08:20 PM
What about things like sparkle box website they have playdoh nursery ryhme mats too and lots of visual things that represent nursery ryhmes :)

green puppy
21-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Try the i child website, it has word sheets that you can print. It also has loads of other activities all under ages.

nikim
22-10-2010, 07:26 AM
What about things like sparkle box website they have playdoh nursery ryhme mats too and lots of visual things that represent nursery ryhmes :)

sparkle box is a definate no go area :panic: unless things have changed