PDA

View Full Version : HOME INSURANCE

The Juggler
21-10-2010, 03:58 PM
I know in the insurance section there have been a few threads about good companies for contents insurance for minders. Many won't cover for accidental damage to soft furnishings or if they do will only cover for out of working ours.

I thought I'd share my good story:

I'm with Liverpool Victoria (they do cover accidental soft furnishings). My dd spilt a whole glass of lucozade on our carpet on Sunday. Called Sunday, got a call back on Monday. Assessors rang Tuesday, came today (Thurs), brought samples, said doesn't look like it'll come out with cleaning. Asked me to have a look at the samples. I chose. Bingo, new carpet in approx. 10 days time.

I'm very impressed. Our carpet is 7 years old and as you can imagine has lots of lesser stains which have faded, through minding but we've now got a new carpet coming:D I thought it might be like for like (i.e. we'll pay what's its for now) but its completely old for new.

Would def. recommend them.

FussyElmo
21-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Thats very good service - I will be looking at this if my bank doesnt offer me a good deal tomorrow :thumbsup:

sarah707
21-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Wow that's good service.

Are they competitively priced for the insurance? :D

Playmate
21-10-2010, 07:29 PM
That was quick! We have recently changed our home insurance and now have it with MM. We have never claimed before, but a couple of weeks ago Mick tripped on the landing, dropping a can of varnish and the lid came off :eek: We were a little worried as we had only just taken out the policy, however we put in a claim and after a week the estimator came out with samples and we chose a new carpet. We have only had the old carpet a year and we are now getting a better quality newer carpet (that is when it has been ordered) :clapping:

The Juggler
21-10-2010, 08:08 PM
That was quick! We have recently changed our home insurance and now have it with MM. We have never claimed before, but a couple of weeks ago Mick tripped on the landing, dropping a can of varnish and the lid came off :eek: We were a little worried as we had only just taken out the policy, however we put in a claim and after a week the estimator came out with samples and we chose a new carpet. We have only had the old carpet a year and we are now getting a better quality newer carpet (that is when it has been ordered) :clapping:

:clapping: :clapping: i know great when insurance companies actually deliver what you pay for isn't it. I'm so impressed with the speed though and have now forgiven dd for spilling the lucozade:laughing:

Sarah I pay around £350/year I think for buildings and contents (in the South East). We have annual travel insurance with them too as a package for around £90 year and despite 2 claims on that now (one for £2k and one for £500) our premiums have hardly even gone up). £100 excess for all cover.