PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

jessie1
10-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Hi All

Just a quick one. Am i legally allowed to advertise if I'm not registered. the last time i just queried on our town's forum wanting to know what the demand is in my area and 123 it was deleted. i did not give my details at all. And 2day when i checked on the forum i found the following:
" Childminder

Somebody posted a message asking for the name of a Childminder. I've taken this off.

This is such a sensitive area with registers and registration schemes in place that we really can't get involved on here with ads for or recommendations of individuals. There is no way credentials can be checked. The last time this topic came up I received a number of justified complaints so we will steer away from it."

sarah707
10-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Yes you are allowed to advertise before you are registered... it is then up to the parents to decide if they are willing to wait for you to be ready.

I can only imagine your local forum has a policy of not recommending childminders and they feel that by allowing you to advertise, they are somehow going against that policy.

I suggest you have a good look through the advertising threads on here and put your ads elsewhere! :D

jessie1
10-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Thanks Sarah

Any advice on how i can word it on places like gumtree without putting potential customers off. I will prob be ready towards end of May...

I'm sorry for all the questions as soon as i know more i'll try and help and give advise. for now i try and read as much of the posts as possible.

Jessie

MissTinkerbell
10-04-2008, 11:55 AM
I've worded mine as follows:

"I'm currently registering to be a childminder, I have undergone checks by Ofsted and expect to have my certificate by mid to end of April"

Mollymop
10-04-2008, 04:17 PM
I saw a forum like what you have mentioned and someone form this forum had posted an advert on there and the moderator replied really nasily saying it was stupid advertising on here, you could be anybody!!
I was shocked and the person was a registered childminder.

I have advertised and I am not registered and I have had no complaints

miffy
10-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Why not try advertising locally instead of the net?

There are some other threads about ways of advertising if you have a look around the forum

miffy xx

jessie1
10-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Thanks for advise. Some forums are quite strict but seeing that its our towns forumn and the fact that they have a seperate classifieds page as well but you cant advertise there. I am not ready yet and have mentioned it to a few moms. Am still waiting for inspector as forms only got sent of today but completed my courses. Just thought that some moms look on local websites as well because I am a mom and that is my first port of call. But once I am registered I will put up everywhere.