PDA

View Full Version : How do you keep them amused....

Helen Dempster
21-10-2010, 01:50 PM
...when a mindee or your own child goes to a club after school and you have to stay there, rather than drop and go? Mindee and my own DS both attend a football club on Mondays and a dance club on Fridays. I find it difficult watching the other 3 and get fed up with the "I'm boooooooored!" even though I generally take activity books, paper and small games for them (so unappreciative!) :angry:

FussyElmo
21-10-2010, 01:53 PM
This is the main reason that I dont do after school clubs anymore if they all dont want to do the same one.

I have done it where I have gone to the park but this has been a one off not the rule :thumbsup:

carol cameron
21-10-2010, 04:10 PM
I don't do it now but have done in the past when I took children to swimming lessons and a keep fit club. I used to take a small picnic tea of sandwiches, fruit etc along with drinks. As well as pen/paper/puzzle books, small cars or a pack of top trump cards. Depends on the ages of the child. Some of the schoolies would make a start on their homework or read to me while we waited.
It's not always easy though so I don't do ANY after school activies ( away from my setting) now!!:)

The Juggler
21-10-2010, 04:14 PM
This is the main reason that I dont do after school clubs anymore if they all dont want to do the same one.

I have done it where I have gone to the park but this has been a one off not the rule :thumbsup:

ditto. mine only do clubs on my day off and the mindees who go are picked up by their parents then not me.

nokidshere
21-10-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm lucky in that my husband can get home in time to take our own boys to clubs and things if necessary and I don't collect mindees from anywhere after school. If the mindees want to do after school clubs then the parents have to collect them from there or make arrangements for the child to be brought to me.